I had heard so much about this hotel, and was excited to explore its grounds and have a cocktail in their bar. But upon entry, I felt like the entire staff from the doormen to the managers had their noses in the air. I saw several famous American celebrities in the short amount of time I was there, so maybe that explains some of the behavior while I was there. However, I had one drink at the bar and waited a long time to receive the check. Once I did, they said their machines were down and they would only accept cash. They suggested I walk out to the ATM and get money. Preposterous. Not my problem their machines were down. They asked if I would wait and I said I would, not even offering to buy me a round while I waited ON THEM. I waited for quite some time and told them I had to leave to make another dinner reservation. The bar manager should have offered to buy the ONE drink I had. A hotel of this caliber should have known better and it was a real mark against them in my book. As this was going on, a couple overhead everything and the same thing had happened to them at check in and they had been waiting the whole day. One was a travel agent who said she was absolutely not sending her clients here because of the snobbery and inability to service. I couldnt agree more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech