if you do nothing else in Marrakesh you must go to la Mamounia , even if only for a light lunch. Coming in from 40° heat you are first hit by the welcoming concierge as he ushers you into the dark, cool interior, and then out into the famous gardens where smiling staff glide and serve. Of course, the food was ridiculously expensive, a £25 cheeseburger and a £30 Caesar salad, etc , but worth every penny for the comfort, and exoticism of the 2 hours we spent there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, LHW, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, MrandMrsSmith and Tingo so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech