After the short trip from the airport (20 minutes), there was a very welcoming and seamless check-in. We stayed in Room 242 - a large double room & a very spacious bathroom at the rear of the hotel overlooking the gardens. We had dinner in La Morocaine on the first night - excellent food, atmosphere, waiting staff & entertainment. Breakfast was by the poolside - the breakfast selection was enormous - anything you could possibly want. The spa treatments were excellent and the gym complex facilities (located in a separate pavilion in the hotel grounds) were of a very high standard. We had afternoon tea at La Menzah - a small pavilion in the hotel grounds - lovely service & high quality food. The immaculate hotel grounds are very quiet considering the central location of the hotel. The pool was superb and the poolside staff, as with all the hotel staff, paid attention to every detail - faultless service. We only had 2 criticisms of this hotel - smoking is allowed in the inside bar area and around the pool - we were frustrated that this perfect hotel was allowing smoking at all and, secondly, some of the day pass visitors are not respectful of the peace, tranquility of the poolside area. The hotel staff could have been more proactive in monitoring and dealing with the behaviour of the day visitors. We will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech