We didn't stay here but decided to come and have cocktails with a view to having dinner here one night as we'd always wanted to stay here and would've considered it for our next trip. It is without doubt a beautiful hotel and wonderful gardens but it all felt a bit impersonal. As others have commented the service really wasn't that good, in fact we were stunned to have a patio heater moved from near us closer to a visibly wealthier couple. The ashtray on our table was covered but had clearly been well used and stank and the service was really slow and not very attentive. We had our cocktails and left. We didn't return for dinner and my life long desire to stay here has been sated! I wouldn't have swapped our riad and the 'real' Marrakech with here for all the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Hotels.com so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech