We stayed here for 2 nights in a Deluxe park room. The hotel grounds, lobby, pool, restaurants, and lounges are spectacular, especially considering the location within the walls of the old city of Marrakech. Our room was dark and the light switches were so complicated we never did figure them out. The bathroom was on one side as you entered and the toilet on the other. This was fine, but the shower was clearly an afterthought in the remodel and was tiny with no door, creating quite a wet bathroom.
We enjoyed dinner sitting outside in the traditional Moroccan restaurant and had the best pastilla of our whole trip there.
If we hadn't had issues with our room I would give this hotel a stronger recommendation. Perhaps there are rooms that are nicer than ours, as they should be for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LHW, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, MrandMrsSmith, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech