If there was a six-star option, that's what I'd give La Mamounia. We've stayed at some other great hotels, but this was the best. Some highlights:
1) Service: It was pretty cool being greeted on the way in and out by a handful of uniformed smiling doormen (one wearing a cape?!). But what set LM apart from the other 5-stars like most Four Season, Ritz Carlton, and even Mandarin Oriental hotels service-wise was the willingness of the concierge and staff to go the extra mile. For example, my wife left her contact lens solution in the desert and we realized this in our room around midnight. We called down, expecting "sorry, we don't have that", but instead the concierge went to several pharmacies to procure the lens cleaner, and delivered it to us 30 minutes later. The staff also brought cardboard boxes up to our room because we bought many items that couldn't fit in our luggage and we were going to mail them. If I ever asked for something (and admittedly I asked for a lot!), there was never any hesitation or pushback from the staff. We tipped a lot, so that always helps, but all the staff seemed so friendly and genuine when helping out. It was like we were in some fantasy land where anything we wanted, the hotel would provide (without making you work to explain or justify). In addition to these more-difficult tasks they handled the easy stuff well too (dinner reservations).
2) Decor & Style: I can't do justice to how amazing this place looks inside and out. Just Google search "La Mamounia Style" and read what the experts say.
3) Rooms: Spacious and very cool design. Every morning there would be fresh fruit - and out of the ordinary (no apples, bananas, pears, or hard to cut fruits). Peaches the first day, red raspberries (like a whole carton) the second day.
4) Spa/Pool: Again design and service reign supreme. Did the hammam treatment which was pretty cool. The huge infinity pool is awesome.
5) Value: Travel in the off-season and you can pay 4,400 dirham for low season rate. Taking in mind the world-class service, I consider this to be a great deal. Of course the food and drink is ridiculously expensive, but that's the same everywhere. At least you can venture out of the hotel, and the concierge will make reservations on your behalf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech