I have been to the hotel many times, mostly before the substantial renovation from 2006 to 2009. The decor and the layout have changed significantly (e.g., the former Le Marocain restaurant is now the indoor pool) and I find the lobby and reception area slightly dark. Not surprisingly the interior designer is Jacques Garcia - who is behind the Hôtel Costes in Paris for example. BUT the suites and riyads are stunning with beautiful and intricate moroccan details and the hotel gardens are as wonderful as they always were. Most importantly the soul of this place and the service is unchanged. I will return again and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Hotels.com so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech