This is a truly stunning hotel; the location, the ambience, service and facilities, nothing to fault. The gardens are lovely, for long walks and with numerous areas to sit, have a drink or food; and the hotel has an extensive range of bars, restaurants and activities.
The rooms are spacious, and the features are all traditional Moroccan, with a modern stylish twist. The bed in our room was large, and very comfortable, with no 'bounce'. We stayed in a balcony room overlooking the gardens (this was the deluxe style room), and it seems that the higher you are the better the views from the balcony. The other front wing looks over the pool, which is fine as its not noisy. The 'odd' numbered rooms which are 'classic' style, appear to overlook the Spa area. The aircon works well, and there are shutters to keep the heat out. The rooms are serviced twice daily, with plenty of fresh towels and drinking water delivered. The only omission we found was no coffee/ tea making facility in the room, so this needs to be via room service. A Nespresso maker or the like would have been nice.
You should plan on taking a leisurely breakfast, served by the pool, as the choice is staggering. Moroccan, continental, fresh fruit, a massive range of baked products and hot food, including eggs any way you like. The waiters are also ultra-attentive, offering a full range of hot drinks - but not decaffeinated tea for some reason. We chose to eat out most of the time, however the Italian restaurant was first class, and the lounge bar and terrace was very nice for a lunch. We were also told that the French restaurant was good for a light lunch. You can also have light lunches by the pool, with BBQ food etc.
We didn't try the Spa or treatments, tennis courts, boules area, or the large gym, but it all looked excellent. There is also table tennis in the gym, and a chill out 'hamman' area. There are some shops in the hotel, with a newspaper kiosk at the entrance which also sells medications, sun lotion and giftware etc.
The gardens are large (very large) and filled with trees and flowers. The lawns are well kept, and you can have sun beds positioned on the lawns in tranquillity. A walk in the evening is very relaxing, and this is when the fragrances are at the best.
The location is convenient for the main square, mosque and souk - all 15 minutes from the hotel. Just watch out for people "just happening to be walking your way" and "hotel workers completing their shift" with both types wanting a fee as a guide to the square. The concierge will organise transport if you want to go further, or a real guide to show you to, around, and out of the souk, plus other attractions in town.
Overall, the hotel it extremely stylish, with sumptuous public areas, and very relaxing. The staff are very friendly and very numerous, and we witnessed no cases of staff being rude, as quoted in some reviews. We would have no problem returning, or even calling in for dinner or afternoon tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech