Mamounia lives off its reputation but all is not well inside!
The Hotel is Dark, pretentious and over-priced considering the rooms are so small, dark and difficult to work the lights. We had requested adjacent rooms for our children through our travel agent. When the hotel did not provide this, they charged us 50 Euros per night for an upgrade we didn't want so we could have adjacent rooms, plus an additional 80 euros per night so our 6 year old could sleep in our room instead of next door as he wasn't well. When challenged by our travel agent, the hotel lied that we had requested this upgrade.
Very unhelpful and unaccommodating, we didn't get to our rooms until 10.30pm even though we arrived at 8pm. They refused us any food unless we went to the formal restaurants, we were only allowed room service. No thought for us and our unwell 6 year old, what a terrible start to our holiday!
The food was lovely and the restaurants had great service but VERY OVERPRICED. One lunch for 4 sandwiches, a bottle of water and one ice cream was £180. That is just ridiculous for a light lunch.
The pool was nice but nothing special. We will not be returning to this hotel. Luckily we went on to stay at the Taj Palace which was magnificent. Nothing was too much for them, a wonderful place with fabulous rooms and breathtaking views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech