The Mamounia is excellent - as everyone will tell you. It is a stunning property close to the main square giving it the best location. It has beautiful gardens, huge swimming pool and a comfortable heated swimming pool too. When you enter the Mamounia you feel the grandeur and pomp immediately. The staff and the guests - all walk around in style. The experience is unique and special and makes you feel very grand. The reason why I have stated it as average is given below.
For one, the price they charge is too much for what they offer. Even though we wrote to them months in advance and stated that we were a honeymoon couple, they made no concessions and offered us no incentives or anything special for the honeymoon couple. Further, their very high price did not even include breakfast. Breakfast came at a very high additional price of 350 MAD - though the food was good it was not worth the price. At the price they charge, breakfast should have been included - it is a mere basic. Of all the hotels we stayed at during our Honeymoon, the Mamounia was the only one that offered us nothing additional for being a honeymoon couple which was very disappointing for us.
Another small problem we faced was that the person who came to clean our room, he would throw away things that belonged to us. For example, my almost over face cream packet and nutella jar. Both had a little left at the bottom - however, the staff self-decided that he should discard this and he did! It was very annoying and nothing was done about it when we complained.
Food in the restaurants and the room service was excellent. The tagines we had at the Mamounia were by far the best. Their spa was simply fantastic and we went there twice during the 4 days we stayed there. The spa staff was super nice and friendly and the spa treatments were fantastic.
We only wish the Mamounia had surprised us with better deals for our honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech