We stayed just one night at La Mamounia, and had a wonderful experience. We were in room 344, which was lovely, views out over the garden and to the Atlas Mountains in the distance. We are LHW members, and were upgraded to this room when we arrived, and we were delighted to find a chilled bottle of champagne in the room when we were taken in. The room was very comfortable, more or less an L shape with the long part being a lounge and the short bit the bedroom, opening into an opulent (and huge) bathroom wall to wall marble, deep clawfoot tub, huge walk in shower and separate toilet and bidet. The room was opulent, the service attentive and the attention to detail ensured we had a great experience. We had a room service dinner, which was very good, and enjoyed a drink at the Italian Bar. The only glitch was that the internet service was very poor, and attention to addressing the problem was not great, as I had to report the problem a second time before anyone came to have a look. Eventually the problem was blamed on Maroc Telecom, which for all I know may have been true. All in all, La Mamounia was a nice treat after a week in a rather more rustic setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech