My hubby and I visited Marrakech last weekend and stayed at a nice Riad in the Medina, but we soon tired of the filth and madness of the Medina. Having visited the Jardins Majorelle (disappointing) and walked for miles trying to find somewhere nice for lunch, I snapped, bundled hubby into a cab and high-tailed it to La Mamounia!
How pleased I am that we did! We decided to forgoe the Sunday brunch at £100 per head and opted for a meal on the terrace. We had a blissful beer and gin and tonic (nectar!) and a lovely cheeseburger in a beautiful, peaceful garden setting with smiling and attentive staff. It was such a change from what we had experienced in the rest of Marrakech that we stayed all afternoon! £75 well spent.
If we are ever mad enough to visit Marrakech again, this is where we will stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LHW, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech