There no doubt that this property is MAGNIFICENT. Historic hotel, well cared for, but as with many historic property, there's a little "resting on their laurels" aspect going on here. Basic rooms are quite basic, but if you can splurge a bit, the suites are wonderful. Grounds are TO DIE FOR, and a DEEP, old school, pool is cool, refreshing, and luxurious. The PROPERTY will not disappoint.
I would NOT recommend this hotel for first timers though. It is a long taxi ride to the medina and Jemaa el Fna. Also, the Arabic service habits are over the top here. With this I mean, the HAND OUT for a tip at EVERY TURN can be overwhelming here. When u arrive, the deliver a basket of fruit, and they wait around for a tip. 2 minutes later, a knock on the door with fresh towels, with a hand out, a few minutes more, someone comes by with some water, again waits for a tip. This normal in this culture, they'll keep coming until you stop tipping, but at La Manmounia, its too much.
If you desire a glimpse at one of the worlds finest, and historic places, you'll need to stay a night here. For the action, however, I'd spend my money at a beautiful riad near old town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech