Just had four nights at la mamounia and felt very blessed to be able to stay there.
Thankfully we upgraded our room on arrival as the first one offered overlooked the very noisy road, to a room with a balcony and garden and atlas mountain view, definitely worth the extra spend.
Our first morning was spent taking breakfast by the lake sized swimming pool, and a very nice way to kick the day off. Breakfast didn't disappoint, with vast choices of fresh fruit, pastries, breads, cold meats, cheeses and of course eggs and bacon too. We then went on a half day tour of Marrakech with a la mamounia guide. This could have been so great, but sadly the only disappointing part of our stay. Our guide, Ben, was lovely but seemed more intent on taking us to his 'mates' shops who tried their hardest to sell us carpets and tables that we had zero interest in. All we wanted to do was see the sights! But sadly we spent most of our time inside shops feeling gulilty and embarrased that we were not buying. This is pretty standard practise in marakesh but I would have expected a guide from la mamounia to be a bit different.
On a more positive note we spent a fantastic few hours with one of the head chefs, who showed us not only how to cook but took us on a tour down under. Because at la mamounia all the activity is down below, with most of the 700 staff busily beavering away, cooking, doing laundry and so on. At la mamounia they make everything, their own bread, yoghurt, cakes, croissants, jams, ice cream, stocks etc.
I also really enjoyed the spa, had my first hamman ever which was an experience, and one of the best massages I've ever had.
On a final note, the staff and service is the best I've ever experienced, what a lovely lot they are.
Really hope to come back soon, maybe with our children next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LHW, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech