From the moment we arrived at the hotel and four porters opened the double doors we knew this place was going to be fabulous. Our guest relations representative Salah was a delight, we had booked a gourmet package over three days and had to arrange an itinerary to fit it all in. Our package included two evening meals one in the moroccan restaurant the other in the Italian. A Moroccan tea ritual where we were taught how to make mint tea with green tea. A hammam and a massage. A guided tour of Marrakech with a guide who has shown prime ministers and presidents around ( and apparently Brad Pitt). But the best bit was a two hour cookery lesson with the Michelin starred French chef and then we ate lunch at the restaurant and ate the food he showed us how to cook.
The hotel itself was beautiful. The gardens are fabulous and very relaxing and quiet considering the hotel is so near all the hustle and bustle. The level of service is fantastic. Our room was sumptuous and felt very authentic with tiled Walls. The music in the Italian bar and the Churchill bar was great. The ambience in the hotel at all times was just right. The spa and indoor pool is absolutely fabulous. The outside pool is vast. We were never "spa people" but as this package came with the hammam and massage we went with the flow. I can honestly say that both myself and my husband are now converts.
This hotel is a true world class five star hotel. It's like the Dorchester but with better service.
This is an expensive hotel but I've stayed in hotels which are similar in cost and not had as good an experience as here. So if you're looking for a hotel in an interesting location with fabulous food excellent service and great facilities. This is the place.
It's an expensive hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech