Although a very beautiful hotel with well-maintained grounds and high security- that's about it. I found the rooms to be well decorated, but surprisingly small. The slow wifi internet stopped working at night and I'm quite certain the heat did too.
While on site for 3 days, my friends and I had gotten massages (although I can only describe it as an annoying rub down) by a "masseuse" that SAT DOWN during 1/2 of the "massage"!! That's right! He was in a roller chair (like you see at a doctor's office) and would roll around me to rub oil in circular motions on my body. The best way to describe the experience was extremely annoying. I couldn't wait to get out of there! Its quite possibly the WORST massage I have ever received. Did I mention he was sick and kept snorting up his snot during my "massage"? What was more disheartening is that once I brought this poor experience to management's attention- they didn't even as much as follow up. Not quite sure how they have received the high accolades they were awarded.
My friends and I spent most of our time at a near by hotel within the medina called hotel Maison de Arabe. Beautiful boutique hotel with a lovely spa and helpful staff- and less than 1/2 the price!! I plan on returning to Marrakech and booking here- you may want to consider doing the same. Good luck and safe travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech