“Great night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa

You added Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa to your Saves list
Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Harroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #245 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Marrakech
“Great night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I wish to express my gratitude for the pleasant night I have spent here.It was really special,The gorgeous place,the shiny lights,and not to forget the delicious drinks.The service was impeccable. That was perfectly what I needed to have fun and to enjoy my summer nights.From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank Mahmoud,Fati and Hamza from the So reception for their great job.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is not my first time at the Sofitel and l must say that the few things that l complained about 2 years ago have improved which is a good thing.
The restaurant's food is excellent, the swimming pool is pretty chill out and the personnel is super friendly. Samira and her team were particularly helpful and sympathic.. Thank you for the nice stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have visited this hotel twice now and both times have received excellent service in the SO Lounge from Hostess Rajaa and Manager Zakaria. They made the night very easy and ensured we had the best spot to sit in night after night. As soon as everyone is settled in the music gets livelier and the nightclub gets packed out to with an amazing DJ. Definitely a must!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Thorougly enjoyed our stay here; a beautiful hotel oozing 1920s luxe with a modern twist!

My lovely boyfriend left our passports at our previous hotel and the sofitel couriered them over for us at their cost! They then upgraded our room as they felt so sorry for us after the stress of it all!

Staff at swimming pool are so polite and friendly and really make you feel better when you feel a little sore after a night partying at the hotel's nightclub So Lounge - a great indoor/outdoor nightclub to dance until 5am in!

Room was wonderfully decorated, and the beds were so soft it felt like laying on a bed of clouds.

We will definitely return!x

Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here between 23-26th July for our 9th Anniversary. We arrived a little earlier then the check in time. We were asked to leave our mobile number and told they would us when our room was ready. 1 hour later I went to ask for an update as by now we had gone past the check I'm time. I was told that the room is nearly ready, and that they would call in 45 mins. Another hour later I went back to the reception and was given our room cards. We were first given room 169. Upon entering the room we saw that it was nice, clean and welcoming. The wet room was nice too. We decided to have a short nap however we noticed there was an error message on the ac controller so it would not work. I called reception and housekeeping both to inform them of this and I was told they would send someone. An hour later still no sign on of anyone so again I called reception and housekeeping and was told someone was on their way. Another hour passed and still nobody came. We decided to go out so on our way out we informed reception that the ac still hadn't been fixed, we were told it would be sorted by the time we got back. We came back after a couple of hours and surprise surprise ac still not working. I rang reception and insisted in having our room changed. I was told they have another room for us however it is on the other side if the hotel. I said as long as the ac works I don't mind where it is. A little while later we were still waiting so I made enquiries with reception about our new room.mminwas told there had been a shift change and the new manager did not know about this. Upon hearing our problem he immediately arranged a new room for us. This room was less luxurious then our previous room but we were happy as we had ac. However pigeons constantly sat on the balcony light and their waste was constantly dripping into the outdoor sofa so we could not use it. All in all the staff were friendly however I would expect a lot more for the price we paid. The bed and pillows were fantastic. The wifi was good.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool view or mountain view rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Good hotel fun and enjoyable. Staff friendly and relaxing definitely worth the money. Would definitely recommend going here and relaxing. Food is nice and a variety available to eat. Rooms are clean and spacious.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spent a very long weekend in Marrakech and wanted a hotel close to the Souk. This hotel is located within walking distance to good restaurants, the main Mosque and the Souk. The hotel is up to date, nice pool area, clean comfortable room. Staff was very helpful with good recommendations and even the hotel restaurant was excellent.

Room Tip: Get a room looking over the pool area
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmed B, Directeur général at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Iam very pleased to receive your comments especial when It is a positif one and when we can feel your real satisfaction starting from the welcome until the departure.

I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance for your next stay with us.

Ahmed Benkirane