I have always wanted to stay at the Sofitel hotel in Marrakech, my brother came earlier in the year and recommended I come to visit the hotel as a possible venue for my wedding. I have been to morroco quite a few times and was looking for a quick get away.
On arrival we are given Moroccan tea which was lovely. The guy checked us in and said your room should not be ready until 3pm but we'll get it sorted for you in an hour. This wasn't the case and we ended up taking a king size bed rather then two singles. We got a smaller room & bathroom but decided to just deal with it. Room itself was very beautiful just small. The next day we went to the pool and decided we wanted to grab some lunch we went up to grab a table and noone approached us. There were 2 couples who got served before us. I decided to go and order myself. And new couple sat down & were brought drinks while we waited and waited by this point we got so fed up and left. The staff seem to sit around and do nothing. Not all staff are like this but majority. You have to ask to see a menu or ask for a drink. Really quite shocking I would never stay here again. It's quiet because of Ramadan so can't imagine what the service is like during peak season. Our shower also kept going hot and cold despite what temp you put it on. We complained 4 times and then would come mess around & then say it was fixed. It never was! Also none of the staff speak English so it's hard work all the time!
My advise would be look elsewhere you'll get better value for money & treated like royalty elsewhere! Drinks & food are really expensive too. I'm pretty well travelled & I wouldn't mind the money if it was worth it!
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marrakech Lounge Hotel Marrakech
- Sofitel Marrakech Lounge Hotel
- Sofitel Marrakech
- Marrakech Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a splendid garden and fountains, Sofitel Marrakech is a premier Marrakech Morocco hotel. Its 346 Marrakech hotel rooms offer terraces or balconies with views of the mountains, swimming pool, or gardens. Guests at this luxury hotel in Marrakech, Morocco, will enjoy restaurants serving local and international cuisine, 3 bars, a nearby nightclub, a poolside snack bar, 3 bars, an indoor swimming pool, a fitness centre with a Jacuzzi, and a Turkish steam bath and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.