“Best Birthday Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa

You added Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa to your Saves list
Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Harroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #242 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best Birthday Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I spent a few weeks in Morocco for a Birthday trip and I checked into the Sofitel for my actual day and they went above and beyond the call of duty :), i was in heaven. They upgraded me to a suite overlooking the pool with a terrace. The staff who checked me in were delightful and friendly even though they were quite busy.
The pool is lovely?instead of the regular chez, they have comfy beds surrounding the pool, the bar staff all spoke english, and were lots of fun. When i went out for dinner they covered my room in roses and rose petals and in the morning when i woke up the staff brought me a birthday cake and sang me happy birthday!!! I am not a celebrity, but they truly made me feel like a queen. I have never had service like that in my life. Thank you!

AhmedBenkirane, Directeur général at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at the Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. We are delighted to read that you spend a " best birthday ever".
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we answered your expectation on that manner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My favourite place to stay in the 'Kech. First visit in 2004 and it just keeps getting better with the addition of new So Lounge and renovated check in.

Great for all types of group: couples, family, kids, business and party people.

Service round pool could be better but then it's 90 degrees so can't be easy for them.

Frogs in a small pond on the road side of the building mega noisy at night in Spring so ask for pool facing room during these times of year to avoid the croaking.

Otherwise it's brilliant.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa.. They work exceptionally hard to make sure that every gust feels special. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed at this welcoming property on an extended business trip in March. The bellmen are exceptionally friendly and professional in every instance. The breakfast and lunch buffet at Le Jardin restaurant is beyond compare in Morocco. All of the restaurant staff are personable, and Siham goes out of her way every morning to make all guests feel welcome. After two days, she greeted me by name each visit and brought me coffee exactly how I like it without me even asking. The night club, So , really gets going after midnight and be sure to ask for a great hostess there, Sofia. She's an incredible asset to the club. Both pools are amazing. If you are there before summer, the pool on the left side of the deck is heated, so go grab some chairs there first.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. It was nice to hear that So Lounge and the breakfast at " le Jardin des senteurs" exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make sure that every gust feels special. Thank you so much for staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hotel and service was great. The staff is working really hard and are cleaning and helping all the time.
The manager comes to ask if everything is okay and makes small talk. (Antoine winckler)

Fatima
Said
Rachida
Abderahim, are people of the staff that gave great service.

My compliments

• Stayed April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa on your visit to Marrakech. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.

Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel after the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. It was very good but could be even better with a little more attention to detail. Our room was spacious with a fantastic view, however the white towels and dressing gowns were past their best and had a faint musty smell. The walk in shower was great and you could look over the ocean whilst showering, but it leaked and we had to put towels down daily to mop it up.
We enjoyed the breakfast choice and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. On two evenings, we only had a choice of two places to eat as the other was shut. If you didn't want to listen to the (rather loud) live music, there was no where else to get a drink - we ended up back in our room with a beer. The minibus to Essouria was very efficient and we loved our lunches at the golf club and a cycle to the beach on the free (but rusty - my gears were stuck) bikes.
The staff made a great effort to speak English and we practiced our "petite" french - they were always obliging and made this a 'Very Good' rather than just a 'Good' holiday.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms have better views than the Villas
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. They work exceptionally hard to make sure that every gust feels special. Thank you so much for staying with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The pools are wonderfully and the staff are very attentive. The rooms are clean but uninspiring
The facilities and location make this hotel.it is a short 4 Pound cab ride into the Medina.
For our last couple of visits actual check in has been terrible.my wife and I visited with our teenage daughter and booked adjoining rooms. The booking did not confirm the joining rooms. I speak good French and emailed several times. The emails were acknowledged but never address the request. During the week before I telephoned every day but the reservations desk never picked up.Our Eastjet flight arrived at 08.00 we had advised of our early arrival but did not expect the room to be available that early.What we were not expecting was that our rooms would not be available until 17.00!
This despite my best efforts in French. The staff were polite but immovable the rooms were always nearly ready.
Finally when the rooms were made available they were next to each other but not joining. At one point there was a surreal moment when their check in manager emailed me that my problem would be dealt with on our arrival whilst we had already been sitting in reception for 3 hours. Just to see what would happened I replied to the email stating that I was sitting in reception but received no reply. A complete day wasted.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments.
We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. We do take all comments seriously and really appreciate in details all the feedback we can get. We really apologises for the misunderstanding with problems you had encountered.
Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.

Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Sincerely.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here last year and had a wonderful holiday. All the staff I encountered were friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was nice. I can't recommend the lunch buffet - I felt it was a bit overpriced, although that's possibly more because I'm a vegetarian and there wasn't a lot of choice for me. The Orangerie restaurant was nice, ate there a few times during my stay. The best thing about the hotel was the club. The entertainment there in the evenings was good, and at around midnight it turned into a nightclub where locals came to as well. A great atmosphere, felt safe and never too crowded, and best of all could just roll into the hotel to bed afterwards! It's set far enough back to not disturb hotel guests, though, so if the club isn't your thing don't be put off.

If you go here you must go to the spa, the treatments were the best I've ever had!

The only reason I gave it a 4/5 rather than 5 was because the AC in the room didn't appear to work, although on speaking to other guests and the hotel it turned out that it wasn't broken and that it was as cool as it was going to get.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you had wonderful holiday.
We reviewed your comment regarding your stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologise for the AC
and it was repaired.