“Beautiful hotel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa

You added Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa to your Saves list
Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Harroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
MAGNIFIQUE BREAKFAST
Ranked #241 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Sofitel is a gorgeous hotel with spacious rooms and a fantastic pool area. We stayed here for a week in February and were greeted upon arrival with delicious mint tea and refreshing towels. The hotel is located within walking distance to many great restaurants. We were even able to walk to the souks from here. The drinks are very expensive. However we found a grocery store, also within walking distance that sold everything from food, to liquor and beer. We had breakfast included in our rate. it was very good but sometimes it took awhile to get coffee. and when we requested bottled water to drink at breakfast, we were given a pot of hot water for tea. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our breathtaking view from our room of the Atlas Mountains.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff and service especially achraf from the palais darkum Always helpful and smiling. The food was the best Moroccan traditional available, two pools one heated and on cold with a nice fire in the evening. And top up on those complementary freebie drinks in the lounge and 11.30am at poolside

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the sofitel in February for 4 days and where impressed by the staff, the location and the restaurants and pool. The staff are very polite and attentive, whilst the restaurant food is delicious and tasty, although very overpriced. The pool was beautiful and there is choice of 2. Location is brilliant in the new city, circa 10 mins from the airport and 15 min walk to the old city square. Only issue is that we had a room where the air con was not working and the portable device did not work well - so good luck in the hotter months.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with working air con.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here on business/ pleasure in November 2008. Lovely, grand hotel with really attentive staff.
Rooms big and plush and great room service. Pool area very relaxing. Spa treatments also very good.
Hotel only a very short taxi ride from the souks.
As work were paying for the trip dost didn't really come into it however I understand that the hotel is quite expensive. If you have the money to spend however I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the lounge and spa side and we didn't regret , it's the modern part of the hotel , the room are spacious and bright with a modern decoration , we had a beautiful pool view . The breakfast buffet was amazing , And there is a beautiful restaurant called orrangery that I would recommend . The most impressive thing about this hotel is the staff , I want to give a special thanks to all the staff of the hotel especially Saad from the reception , farah from the garden and nisreen from the room service who spoke perfect English and was very attentive and helpful .

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view are the best !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel Lounge and Spa in September and I could not have been happier with my choice.

I was travelling alone, and as this was my first visit to Marrakech, I wanted to make sure that I stayed somewhere close to the hustle of the medina, but also removed enough that if I wanted a quiet day to relax by the pool I could do that as well.

The hotel is conveniently located in Hivernage and a short walk from the gates of the medina. It is situated in its own grounds and has two lovely pools. Upon arriving at Marrakech airport I was met by the hotel limo and driven directly to the hotel where I was greeted by the guest services manager. As I arrived slightly earlier than standard check in time, I was shown around the hotel and facilities and invited to relax by the pool while my room was being prepared.

The room itself was spacious, with a HUGE bed and decorated in a Moroccan style. The bathroom was big as well and very clean.

The pools are lovely and the perfect place to chill out. Make sure you get there early though as it can get quite busy, and you might have to get a lounger further away from the pool.

The hotel also boasts a number of restaurants and a nightclub. The food is of a good standard, and not overly expensive. I was also lucky enough to be invited to a private event hosted in the night club, with a special guest of honor...whom I met. All done very well and I greatly enjoyed the night.

All in all the hotel was very good, what you'd expect from an international chain such as Sofitel, and the staff were very attentive. If you are travelling to Marrakech for the first time I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had a great 5 days at Sofitel Marrakesh. The rooms are large and comfortable with big balconies and the facilities are excellent. Pool heated to 30 deg for winter bathing. The best aspect though was the friendly and attentive staff. We had dim lighting in our room and when we commented on this they put in additional lighting within the hour. My wife had a birthday during our stay and the hotel provided roses, a birthday cake and a tray of goodies. Excellent buffet breakfasts. Can't compliment them too highly. The only reason I do not rate them 5 star is the exorbitant cost of the spa. But you can find alternative facilities down town at half the price. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking one of the pools
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa? Share your experiences!