Stayed here May 2012 with my girlfriend for 4 nights.
The hotel itself is very nice, well kept, clean and well furnished. The pool area is one of the nicest I have stayed at, with beds for sunbeds! Made some of the hotels in Vegas I've stayed at look ordinary!
The location is good for walking into the town and I would recommend doing this at night rather then eating in the hotel. The prices for drinks, food etc. in the hotel is very expensive compared to even top London hotels, but you can eat or drink in the town for a fraction of the price so as long as you are aware of this you should be ok.
We just found the staff a bit rude and unhelpful. We were supposed to stay in the newer spa part of the hotel but despite a very nice room,the air-con was not working (not much fun in 40 degree heat!). After being told it was the whole hotel that had a problem. After not sleeping for the night because of the heat we found out from other couples that they had been told the same but after complaining been moved to rooms that did have working air-con. Cue a whole day spent arguing with the unhelpful staff and 2 rooms later got a lesser room that was at least cool. A real shame that we will remember our trip by this wasted day!
The annoying thing is that I had read on trip advisor about this exact same problem from others and just dismissed it as people moaning about a one-off problem that would be fixed.
I could go on about the bad staff (having to ask more than once for everything, being ignored at breakfast, ordering drinks that didn't arrive, being accused of getting too much change when I ordered a drink, passed from staff member to staff member, slow check-in etc) but you get the picture!
Personally, if I visit Marrakech again I will try somewhere else - there are lots of nice hotels nearby that I'm sure value there guests a bit more!
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marrakech Lounge Hotel Marrakech
- Sofitel Marrakech Lounge Hotel
- Sofitel Marrakech
- Marrakech Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a splendid garden and fountains, Sofitel Marrakech is a premier Marrakech Morocco hotel. Its 346 Marrakech hotel rooms offer terraces or balconies with views of the mountains, swimming pool, or gardens. Guests at this luxury hotel in Marrakech, Morocco, will enjoy restaurants serving local and international cuisine, 3 bars, a nearby nightclub, a poolside snack bar, 3 bars, an indoor swimming pool, a fitness centre with a Jacuzzi, and a Turkish steam bath and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Orbitz, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.