“Exquisite common areas, genuine Moroccon hospitality, average location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa

You added Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa to your Saves list
Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Harroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #217 of 466 Hotels in Marrakech
australia
“Exquisite common areas, genuine Moroccon hospitality, average location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

A website error allowed me to book this hotel for $25/night so naturally I took the opportunity. I generally like Accor hotels and this Sofitel was quite lovely. The common areas, the pool, bars, restaurants & spa were beautiful. Lots of staff who were very friendly & polite. The room which was very far from the reception was fine though it had seen better days & was becoming tired. It looked out onto a Louis Vuitton store so if you find yourself there, ask to change. There was actually a lot of noise from a neighbouring bar & at 4am lots of talking outside in the street. I think this had something to do with the call to prayer. I would definitely bring ear plugs.
Breakfast was typical 5* offering, hotel about 15 mins walk to main square or new part of town. Don't be fooled by taxi drivers telling you it's fixed price of 100D to the airport. Just walk away no matter how much they protest. I got one for 50 about 20m down the street.
If I'd had to pay $300 for this place I wouldn't have felt I'd got real value as I'm sure there are charming local hotels at a fraction of the price but of course for what I paid I was more than happy.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Dakar, Senegal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had a suite, room 173. It was spacious and had 2 big tvs and a pretty comfy bed. The main problem was the the room had a very strong mildewy smell. The staff sprayed mint water on the floor to fresh it up, and I left the balcony doors open whenever I was there, but the smell just permeated the room. I couldn't move because of the film festival, so the huge hotel was booked solid! My colleagues didn't seem to have this problem in their room. Also, the espresso maker was very difficult to work and they didn't replace the pods. I know others that had a hard time working that fancy machine. Luckily, they serve fabulous cappucino at breakfast, so I just took it there.

Room Tip: Avoid stinky room 173.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AhmedBenkirane, General Manager at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We reviewed your comment regarding your stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologies for the misunderstanding with the room and smell.

Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Sincerely.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay and were especially looked after by the staff, especially
ibrahim, Fatima zahra, ilham, ziendine, mustapha and hakime.

Only issue we had was with a bad drainage smell in our suite on our last night, we had to sleep with the bedroom door closed as it was getting late, and my kids were asleep. As I write this we are trying to get this resolved...

Room Tip: Booked a junior suite and got upgraded.....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience.We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa.

Sincerely

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the staff, especially Imine at reception!! she was extremely helpful even before I actually stayed at the hotel. I called in advance to request for a room on the 3rd floor and she very kindly made this happen for me. Imine was really sweet and cheerful and her customer service skills in my opinion are 10 out of 10!!!

I also found all the staff at breakfast very friendly too.. I especially would like to thank Mustafa, who cooked my omelettes just the way I liked them well done!! Also Anas (not sure if I have the correct spelling of his name) but he did the best smoothies ever! and final Fatama who always greeted me with a big smile each morning.

I would highly recommend this hotel it's in a great location and there's lots to do. I look forward to visiting this hotel again in the near future. My advice is to go and book your hotel now I'm pretty sure you will love it just as much as I did. - enjoy and have a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Marrakech on your visit to Marrakech. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed there from Nov 17-24 2012. Great and central location. Excellent service, distinctive and tastefully ambience. Nice reception by management in a lovely hall which looks like a Amphitheatre. Nice morsel also on a Vernissage that is held once a week. Food and drinks for free very special, party local partly international. Quality of the breakfast extraordinary Never experienced before .
Beautiful consumption area outside partly in a herb town. Lovely gardens, 2 nice pools, huge king size beds as sun loungers. Food and service good, committed staff very friendly.
Weak points: Rooms, at least ours ( 264) specially bath rooms, need a renovation. Front desk hopelessly understaffed for early check out. That may course stress and trouble. According to our Taxi driver this happens all the time.
All over impression very good. Will come back

Room Tip: Check out the night before you leave
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. . They work exceptionally hard to make sure that every gust feels special. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Sincerely

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

A wonderful experience and revelation! The hotel is impressive but the outside areas absolutely fabulous. Seating, lounging, resting, relaxing all catered for. It is like having all the furniture usually indoors except its outdoors. The breakfast buffet is the best I have ever seen and def worth having. Every fruit imaginable, freshly cooked omelettes, as well as full English, freshly cooked crepes, full continental and every bread you can imagine. The staff, ratio about 5 to 1 guest, are so polite, courtious and charming. It is not cheap, about UK prices for drinks etc but then again it is a 5 star hotel. Def need to have a guide if you venture out to explore the markets and recommend shopping at the government fixed price shops if you don't like being harrased and pestered around the markets.

Room Tip: Higher floor to enjoy the view of the Atlas mountains, overlooking the pool areas.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AhmedBenkirane, General Manager at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. It was nice to hear that breakfast exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make sure that every gust feels special. Thank you so much for staying with us.
We hope to see you in near future.

Been to Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa? Share your experiences!