“Inside the hotel an oasis, a crowd outside the hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa

You added Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa to your Saves list
Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Harroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
MAGNIFIQUE BREAKFAST
Ranked #242 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
podgorica
“Inside the hotel an oasis, a crowd outside the hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Marrakech once last position before crossing the Atlas mountains and desert, today a city of terracotta, modern buildings, boulevards, grandest hotels, the Medina, and the indescribable crowd.
I stayed In Marrakech with my familly, the first days of January. In the evening and in the morning you will feel a little cold, which disappears during the sunny day. Soffitel is really a great hotel. Very impressive whan you arrive. Huge and very cozy lobby with fresh mint tea, friendly staff at reception will convince you that you're in the right place. The rooms are large enough with a terrace overlooking the Atlas Mountains. Heated outdoor pool, excellent service at the pool as well, enough sun to make you look for shadow under the umbrellas. The guys on the pool will keep your place for the next day. Small tip. Breakfast is excellent. Spa very good.. Night club with live music is the right place for relaxation. Near the hotel there are several excellent restaurants of different international cuisines. Mmmmmm !!! Fair price. Ask Concierge necessarily. Nice guys. My suggestion is to take a local guide, who will show you everything worth seeing in Marrakech. It's very cheap. In Medina, you will find a lot of nice things for the house. Price is different, depend what you want to buy, and what quality you choose. You should to haggle, it's part of their tradition. I want to come back, definitely

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
St. Alabans,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is very impressive when you arrive and we received a very courtious and friendly welcome, and offered fresh mint tea.
Meeting our Kuoni representative in an hour we did not get a chance to really look at the room but were not happy. Our rep said he would see if he could get them changed but was told there were no other rooms available. Later we found 10 bad faults with our rooms definitely not 5 Star, would not put up with them in a 3 star hotel. We went down to reception, asked to speak to the Manager, told him the faults and that if they could not give us the standard of room we expected we would go to another hotel. He then upgraded us and gave us 2 lovely rooms with which we were very happy. I must say the beds were so very comfortable.
All the staff were very friendly and efficient and they did everything they could to make our stay in Marakesh a memerable one.
We enjoyed the food at the hotel though had planned to eat out most evenings to enjoy Moroccan cooking to the full. We had no complaints at all with the food or service and enjoyed the entertainment at the night club in the hotel.
There are 2 swimming pools, the one nearest the restaurants is cold but the 2nd pool is very warm. The Jacuzzi is not hot. The staff around the pool are excellent finding you a suitable sunbed and towels. The sunbeds are pretty fantastic.
Except for at first being given poor rooms everything else about the hotel, its position, style, service, staff and food made our visit to Marakesh a great experience and the Sofitel was a great choice of Hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room in the old block at the end of the swiming pool 380 which was really nice. We were fi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Sofitel Lounge & Spa is a beautiful hotel located in Hivernage . The staff is very professional and friendly. We booked a Suite Prestige for 2 nights and got a good deal. The Suite was pretty big, the bed very comfy but we did not find welcome fruits plat when we arrived,like other 5 stars hotels and especially when you are booking the best Suite!
I will return to this hotel and highly recommend the Sofitel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here for a conference about a month ago. I found the hotel to be perfectly nice - restaurants and facilites were fine - however it was a real ordeal getting any sleep. I stayed in a room facing the road, and between 2-4am every day there was loud shouting/talking, dogs barking, car horns and police whistles.On asking the hotel staff, they said there was nothing they could do, and that no other rooms were free. I was very unhappy with this, and as there was no other option I toughed it out for the next few days. I was very glad to be leaving after this continual lack of sleep. I certainly will not be going back.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not given a room facing the road - demand a room facing the pool and gardens.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this summer for a week with my girlfriend. We were undecided which hotel to stay at in Marrakech but after having the Sofitel recommended by some Moroccan friends and after looking at pictures and reviews, we decided to book here.

The rate I got through my credit card company was surprisingly cheap (I can't remember exactly the price but it was around 160EUR per night, breakfast included and special rates at the spa).

The first impression of the hotel was good as we were greeted warmly and the place looked very nice and well kept. Although we had to wait quite a long time to check in, we were offered tea and local sweets during our wait.

The room was large, although not very modern and not very clean: on my arrival I noticed that the rubbish bin was still partly full and there was an empty bottle of coke on the balcony. This really upset me as the main thing I care about when staying at a hotel is cleanness and hygiene.

The pool area was nice and relaxing an the service was prompt and attentive. Also the spa was good and there was a wide choice of massages.

The food at the hotel was overall good but not exceptional. I enjoyed the breakfast because of the very wide choice of sweets, pastries, fruits and hot food.

The concierge was at times arrogant and it felt like that he had some interest in the restaurants that he was recommending to us as some of them felt like tourist traps..

The So club was actually very fun, probably the best night club in Marrakech.

Overall the hotel was good.. not exceptional but good.. I'd recommend the Sofitel to young people or couples who don't want to stay at a very posh hotel (La Mamounia) which would be more appropriate for older people but who still want to have the comfort of a 5stars hotel.
Would I stay here again? Probably I would try out other ones..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have just returned from a 5 night stay here and felt I had to share my views on this hotel.
I have travelled widely, stayed in many wonderful 5* hotels but have to say this is probably one of the best. From the moment we arrived the staff proved to be courteous, helpful and made one feel nothing was too much trouble.
On arrival at the hotel the local rep who met us at the airport tried to convince us that we had been upgraded to a superior room with pool view. On pointing out that this was in fact what had been booked anyway, he became somewhat flustered and back peddled - I have read elsewhere that this has been the experience of other guests. In fact this tactic was quite unnecessary as the whole hotel is a delight and facilities are of an extremely high standard anyway.
Breakfast is an absolute joy and one could take all morning over it. The staff moved in and out of each other seamlessly, noticing each and every used plate or glass. They remain friendly yet very professional and discreet - the best waiting-on at table I have ever encountered. Great choice of food and as much as one can possibly eat, so keeps one going until the afternoon.
We didn't eat in any of the restaurants, mainly due to preference to sample local restaurants but menus looked wonderful, if rather pricey!
The room we had was on the 2nd floor and views were rather obscured by olive trees growing outside, so a higher floor might be better. The bedroom and bathrooms are very relaxing and comfortable and most wonderful of all, the room has a loo separate from the bathroom - great when sharing facilities.
Vast reception areas, well kept gardens and fantastic garden lighting made this a fabulous refuge and escape from the chaos that is Marrakech.

Room Tip: Higher the better in order to get good views across grounds. Pool side is best option.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

A beautiful hotel. The public rooms are so welcoming and intriguing that it is almost an effort to go outside into the sunshine. Guest rooms are spacious and well equipped and comfortable. A bed to get lost in. Room service provides a varied selection of pillows.
Gardens and pools are delightful and inviting. A serenity almost to match The Chedi in Muscat.
Food. Excellent choices. The Oasis by the pool provides daytime delights and is quite reasonable. L'Orangerie in the evening has an excellent choice of food and wines. Service is what I have come to expect from Sofitel. Caution. On darker evenings a 'romantic' table on the Terrace of L'Orangerie throws up a problem. The candles are quite inadequate to read the menu! Amusing to watch other guests confront the situation you have been in. Perhaps a Caver's Lamp might help.
This lighthearted carp aside I would recommend a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a Garden View (over Pool)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa? Share your experiences!