“Welcoming and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 588 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Coffee & Tea, Reservations
Description: profits go to charity
Regina, Canada
“Welcoming and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was in Marrarakech in April 2013 and my riad was a short walk to Henna Cafe. I had read on TA about the cafe and knew that I wanted to support it. As I walked passed I could tell that there was a hive of activity and I wanted to spend time here and eventually had an opportunity to spend an afternoon. Not only I was impressed with the sense of community and the welcoming spirit but I also received a beautiful henna tattoo and a lesson on how henna is made. I would definateley be interested volunteering here the next time I'm in Marrakech. The food was yummy too!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great opportunity to learn Arabic for just a donation of $2!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I were told to go to the Henna Cafe by our Riad staff as the owners have set up the Cafe as a charitable cafe. We were a bit nervous because it doesnt look much from the outside and in fact we thought it was closed. But once inside we were made to feel welcome and were invited to have an arabic lesson which was really helpful. Food was simple but tasty and service friendly if slow.

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“charity cafe-great cause”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

our teenagers had arabic lessons here and really enjoyed it-very helpful for starting their foray into the souks. food was simple but very tasty -amazing range of berber teas which we tried a few

Orleans, Massachusetts
“Excellent food if a little bit slow. Great cause.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

loved the falafel meal and the berber tea.
service was very friendly but was definitely in Moroccan time.
we had an excellent Arabic lesson for just 20 dhms donation to the charity project so it felt very good eating here.

Scotland
“Excellent cause to support”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place serves as a cafe, education centre and provides support for the local community so any money you spend here goes back to helping the community. It had excellent food that was not at all expensive (20dh for a starter, 60dh for a main meal). The staff are very knowledgable and did everything to help out.

Visited July 2013