“Delish!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We recently visited Cheese Me in Marrakech and had a great experience. We were looking for a non-traditional place to eat in the new city and this was the perfect place. After many dishes of tagine in morocco we were excited to eat cheese which was rare to find! Perfect place!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“A great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

A great little place for something different from Moroccan food , the wine and cheese burgers are great plus the cheese platters.

Visited April 2014
Lausanne, Switzerland
“A must for any cheese lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I choose this place because my boyfriend adores cheese. We were both quite surprised, as we didn't expect to find a such a restaurant in morocco. We selected a cheese plate and were both delighted (we live in switzerland, so that means something!). The owner really knows his stuff and could provide us with information to each cheese, including the wonderful starter (a creme cheese combination with garlic and herbs). The interior is very chic, the location is nice and easily reachable. And finally I have to say, it felt good to be -for a change- in a place where the people behaved around me in a more western way. Of course the status of women is part of what makes morocco and I wouldn't go there, if I couldn't deal with it, but it was special and refreshing for a change not to have the usual bubble around me.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great starter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place is down a street you would never think of entering, had we been walking, I doubt we would have gone. However we had taken a taxi and we went inside and were shown a table which was close to the bar, there were just 4 people there, all of which I think worked there. They were all smoking and so it wasn't pleasant, we decided to move upstairs. There were no other people in the entire place.
We had to open the windows as due to the open plan, the smoke was quite overpowering.
We felt obliged to order but instead of ordering drinks etc we opted for a starter and decided to go elsewhere for our main course. This was disappointing as it was getting late and we were hungry. To be honest I thought the menu was limited too and we were wanting something other than a burger/ chicken. I don't remember everything else that was on the menu now.
Irrespective of this, we had a starter, and it was really delicious and I could have eaten it again.
So, if like me you don't like to eat in a smokey atmosphere, this may not be for you. But if the starter was a good indication of the food, then I would recommend you go there. The staff were very pleasant and friendly.

Visited March 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Friendly service, good wine & food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Cheese Me offered a delightful break from the sometimes monotonous tagines and couscous found in the medina. Looking for something a little different, my boyfriend and I found this restaurant on trip advisor & were not disappointed at all. Great service from our waiter and Karim - the very friendly and helpful owner who gave us tips on our next destination after coming out to see how the food was. On that note, the food was lovely, the restaurant calm and relaxing (with great artwork by local Moroccan artists) and the wine reasonably priced & very good. A great meal well worth the walk.

Visited April 2014