“Best wine and food in Marrakesh” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 548 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Tapas, Vegetarian, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Best wine and food in Marrakesh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We visit this restaurant aswell as many others during our stay in Marrakesh we found the owners very pleasant and the food they recommended for our meal was and excellent choice the white wine was the best we had drunk in morroca a brilliant night out and very affordable

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely warm welcome and fantasic food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We saw this place on tripadvisor while looking for places to eat when on holiday, this stuck out as a little different that we could try while in Morocco. Its a super little place with a nice and relaxed atmosphere and very warm welcoming hosts. The food was really good and for cheese lovers it is a dream but the chips and breads where fantastic too and there ice creams and sorbets where super. Had a great time and was given a cab number by the owner to stop me getting ripped off by the cab drivers there!!!! Highly recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Utrera, Spain
“Me and Cheese Loved Each Other-LaTasha Marie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a wonderful experience! I did a little research and wanted something quite different from the 'Moroccan food experience' I have tasted throughout my trip through Morocco...So, I chose "Cheese Me".
Chosen specifically for the cuisine, newness and freshness to the 'New City' and I wanted a place that was small, intimate yet Fun and with a lot of Character! I received it here from the Moment we stepped our soles into that restaurant!
I was greeted quickly and arrangements were made for me and my colleague, which we also made reservations as well just in case. The hostess was a nice young man and set everything up. Lo and behold the CO was there and he brought the menu of the day to the top floor which was presented on a sleek black slate chalkboard and written upon it was the house specials from yummy cheeses, wines, and house desserts. Very eclectic! As well as the wine, he said we could sample all that we wanted until we found the one we were looking for, not a problem. The hospitality floored me and I felt comfortable, he even inquired about the temperature at the top floor which we had a full overlook to the street outside.
First on the house we were presented a cheese dip with bread. This cheese spread with herbs, might I add, was delicate, rich and smooth with so much flavor! We kept the dip and used it for our fries :-)
By the way FRIES were unique and I have never experienced fries that were seasoned with olives which gives them a rich saltiness leaving no need to add salt, the fries were cut fresh and fried golden. The burger was another experience as well, and I was pleased. The make up of the burger is different from your 'traditional' ground beef yet it is very moist and flavorful. Dessert was delectable with a homemade chocolate cake (molten lava cake) when cut into flowed of chocolate!!! How AMAZING! It was Rich, it was Moist, it was prepared and presented perfectly with my liking of vanilla ice cream on the side.

The atmosphere is inviting, it is warm, energetic, and a little tantalizing from the lighting and decor...The perfect place to have great cocktail, a glass of wine and Cheese of course! The restaurant is very modern with complimenting decor, clean lines yet a little flair and color play which gives it this smooth feel...

Cheese Me is NOT your ordinary bar, or little hideaway restaurant. Cheese Me is simply, "You, your guest(s), cheese, great ambiance and fun!!"
Karim, the CO, is a wonderful man and cares about the establishment and the guests. His personality is invigorating and addictive.
This place, Cheese Me, is not to be missed, or overlooked or even skipped over during your trip! This will be a once in a lifetime experience and feel for all you foodies :-)

Take it from me, you will fall in LOVE with Something there, and you just have to go to figure out what.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
valg386, Propriétaire at Cheese Me, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Helloo Tasha,
Thanks for your comment on Cheese Me and thank you for the pictures !!! We look forward to see you in the near future.
All the best !!!
Karim & Valerie
“Excellent food. Warm welcome. Good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Great place for a meal and drink. A warm welcome with attentive service. Relaxed with good and knowledgable advice. I had a very enjoyable meal. I would return.

London, United Kingdom
“Cheese and Wine in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a lovely surprise this restaurant was, take time out from the Tagine's and spend a few hours with the lovely owner Karim and his wife. We had the platter of cheeses to share and the different wines to compliment them with salad and homemade bread ( straight from the oven). We totally enjoyed it, a very different and unexpected saturday evening dinner. Karim and his wife made us so welcome, he explained the various cheeses and the wines. They also cater for people who are not mad about cheese, so everyone can have a good time. You really should give it a go!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere