“Surprisingly satisfying change of pace” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, International, Vegetarian, Tapas
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of the last restaurants located in the district of Gueliz, the concept is new in the Red City. A cuisine made with organic food, with a French and Italian declinaison. We propose a daily menu which change everyday as its a market menu. Also vegetarian dishes, French and Italian food, Tapas, wine and Moroccan beer are available.
Tampa, FL
“Surprisingly satisfying change of pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Eating a burger and fries at a wine bar was not a thing I thought I'd do in Marrakech, but hey, there's more to life than tagine. It's a funky, stylish little place that feels very much like the surrounding Gueliz area. Prices are honestly lower than I expected and in comparison with other menus I saw in the new city. The service was quite good - the owner especially seemed willing to talk up the city and give advice, though it was our last night there.

The burger is not quite what you expect - closer to a steak sandwich than the usual ground beef. It was super tender though, cooked perfectly with fresh toppings. Cheese was great too. The fries though. Oh man, the fries. Some of the best I've ever had. You have to get them with the tapenade finish. They're bigger than usual, but still that perfect crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. I wish I had these at home.

I believe the owner said they'd have a location in the old city soon, but the walk was worth it. Pleasant surprise.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great cheese, great burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We, as most people, needed a break from the tagines and we were very pleased we came here. The complimentary garlicky cheese starter was delicious and we knew we were in for a yummy meal. I choose the 6 (may have been 7) cheese plate which was delicious and the owner explained the selection which was nice. My husband went for the burger with cheese and it was delicious, proper chunks of steak rather than ground beef. Nice wine and nice atmosphere - it was clear everyone had a passion for cheese.

A lovely meal out and nice to see another bit of Marrakesh. Thank you, Sarah and James

Visited June 2013
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Our best meal in morroco.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Specialising in its wide selection of wines and cheese, cheese me excels at what it does best. We had the 10 piece cheese board with some wine and tapas, and honestly I have never had a cheeseboard even close to the quality. The cheese was imported in specially from France and was exquisite. The service was fantastic, my partner and I were treated like royalty upon arrival, food came out swiftly, and the owner was so nice and personally concerned for our welfare that we also left with a soft spot for him. If you like cheese, and wine, and your not in cheese me, then your doing it wrong.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Must do in Marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on the previous reviwes we weren't disappointed! The homemade fries with olive tapenade & cheese fondue gives a whole new meaning to cheesy chips - fabulous! Excellent local wine albeit quite pricy. Great service, very attentive didn't have to wait long for first or second courses or for plates to be cleared away. Definitely recommend for your stay in Marrakech but not cheap!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Luton, United Kingdom
“really enjoyed our visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

we visited in june . a little hard to find but worth it .

we had a lovely welcome and Karim looked after us very well .

we had the 4 cheeses and what a great starter !with nice warm french bread, The wine was a1 too . You can tell they are passionate about their food .

next was the burger -also very good and the handmade chips with it were very original and lovely (with olives on them ).

all in all a good night and a defo recommend . it is a small place ,very personal , very clean (i had a peek in the kitchen and it was spotless -very clean - what you want to know in marrakech !) ,Karim was a very nice guy , service good . my wife even took out a doggy bag because she was full on the 1st course .

next time we will go for the bigger cheese selection ...cant wait

they even e mailed us the cheeses we had

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere