“Home to the friendliest restaurateurs in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Tapas, Vegetarian, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Marrakech, Morocco
“Home to the friendliest restaurateurs in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This little restaurant is a gem. The only place in Marrakech to go if you're looking for a genuinely friendly welcome combined with modern decor, art and a real array of carefully selected cheese and wine. We have eaten here about ten times since we moved to Marrakech nine months ago and whenever we have visitors it's on the itinerary. It's small, relaxed and all about the food, drink and conversation. I have to be honest and admit that I do not even have a very developed palate for cheese and my partner is vegetarian BUT our visits here are always enjoyable and satisfying. The garlic dip they serve with the bread and fries is beyond delicious (make the pots bigger, please!). My favourite dish is a bowl of potatoes, reblochon cheese and pancetta baked in the oven resulting in a divinely melty load of hot deliciousness. I'm sorry I've forgotten its French name despite the number of times I've ordered it. We usually order a starter and a main with a bottle of wine and have never had room for pud (not usual for us) so can't say what that might be like but I'd bet it's good. There's a lovely selection of tartines featuring various toppings based around different cheeses as well as fondue and raclette. I believe they even do steak and a burger. If you just want some decent food and wine in a cool setting with good service, whether you're alone, in a couple or with friends or family, go here. Be as casual or dressed up as you like. The very lovely French owners will do whatever they can to make your visit enjoyable and memorable.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Odiham
“The best burger EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We decided to visit Cheese Me in the Gueliz area of Marrakech, as we were not overly hungry, and didn't want to face a full dinner, as it was 38 degrees outside, in the middle of a heatwave.

We were immediately welcomed by the owner as we walked in, and, seeing that we were warm, he offered to turn up the aircon.

We took a seat upstairs, overlooking the street, and the service was perfect. The menu is quite limited, and consists mainly of cheese dishes, as you would expect! We were unsure of what to order, and the waiter and the owner offered us some excellent advice, and helped us choose the right dishes.

I chose the Burger "Cheese Me", which consists of a fillet steak cooked to your choosing (rare in my case) with salad and dressing in a bun, served with fries. Not just any old fries though; these were dipped in tapenade before frying, and were very special. It was the BEST burger I had ever tasted!

A delightful restaurant!

Visited May 2013
Warwickshire
“Bliss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Having reviewed this place on trip advisor before going to Marrakech, we went out of our way to find it. We were not disappointed. Cheese Me is in the New City and not the easiest place to find, but thanks to a very helpful taxi driver, found this and are so glad we did. Great place, friendly staff, food superb! Owner is a very nice man. Great to find a place in Marrakech where you can enjoy a good bottle of wine with great food. As cheese and wine lovers this place was a small piece of heaven. Bliss. A definite must if in Marrakech. :-)

Visited April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Unique dining experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff who are eager to please. Interesting dishes (though it helps if you are keen on cheese!) Much recommended and not overpriced.

Visited April 2013
Manchester
“Difficult to find, but worth the effort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This review is long overdue - my friend and I had a lovely dinner here in November 2012. It was difficult to find - I spent a lot of time saying to taxi drivers, "it's a restaurant called "cheese me". En Francais - "fromage moi"!

But it was worth it. The main thing is the owner. Marrakech can seem a little bit hectic and inhospitable at times, and this was somewhere calm and really welcoming. But authentic too, with lots of locals who obviously knew him. Lovely Morrocan wine, and great cheese and meat combinations. Only disappointment was we couldn't have a fondue as you have to pre-order, but fair enough. A nice alternative to tagines.

• Visited November 2012