“Confort and beautiful..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 233 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Grenoble, France
“Confort and beautiful..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is very pretty, and had a very friendly staff. They always tried to help you and are available 24h. Breakfast is complimentary and serve in their terrace. We had small Moroccan pancakes, tea or coffee, bread, honey, jam and butter.
Location is good, they are quite close from the major plaza. However you have to get good directions to find it since is in a little alley a bit difficult to find. Calling the staff to pick you up is a good idea, otherwise you will have to pay a little boy to take you.
The rooms are clean, have TV, and a the bathroom serves its purposes. We noticed some bad plumbing, but I think is a general problem in Morocco, it was not particularly disturbing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nicely finished Riad in Marrakesh, only a few minutes walk from the start of the Souk and about 10 minutes from the medina. We stayed in the second building, and our rooms there were clean and very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and would definately return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They helped us organizing trips around Marrakech, like to have a chat with their guests in the patio and invited us for tea several times. The riad is not as posh as other places in Marrakech but is a good deal for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this riad in the Old Medina for two nights, and enjoyed my time immensely. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. They were always able to provide directions to different sites, and also gave me useful tips on navigating around the Old Medina and markets (which can be a bit overwhelming your first time!) The riad itself is very nicely kept, the rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. There's also a nice rooftop to sun on, when it is warmer. Beyond all of this, it is a great bargain for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent one night here on our arrival in Morocco. The staff are SUPERBLY friendly and welcoming and the mint tea is the best I've ever had. The room was lovely as well. Sometimes the room wasn't as quiet as we'd like, but that's what you get with a Riad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The riad is beautiful.
It's located pretty close to the main road (i.e. not so many twists and turns down alleys as other places)

toilet didn't work (big minus)
Airport pickup is a huge rip-off. I had emailed the riad about a pickup before, but since I hadn't heard anything by the time I boarded my flight, I assumed it was a no-go and was prepared to pay what I thought to be a fair price from the airport. When I arrived, it turns out that a driver was waiting for me (I see an email was sent after I departed). I asked him the price, but he wouldn't say, just saying that it would be a good price and that I would pay the hotel. I was very skeptical of that, but I felt locked into it, seeing as that he was already there. The ride ended up costing 20E (about $26 US). On the way back, I got a taxi for 90 dirham (about $10 US) and probably could have bargained for less if I were in the mood. So, I felt very taken advantaged of.

I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ese1111
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We chose this Riad through Booking.com based on the reviews and the price. You can email ahead and arrange for a ride from the airport which is a good idea if you are unfamiliar with Marrakech. The path to get there is a little hard to navigate, with not a lot of signs. Once there we were served Moroccan tea and cookies and shown to our rooms. The rooms were spacious by European standards, clean and comfortable. Our hosts were very friendly and helpful, arranging taxis, recommending restaurants, and teaching us the ways of Moroccan bargaining. We felt very at home, and would definitely stay here again!