“Nice Riad in Marrakesh” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 188 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice Riad in Marrakesh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nicely finished Riad in Marrakesh, only a few minutes walk from the start of the Souk and about 10 minutes from the medina. We stayed in the second building, and our rooms there were clean and very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and would definately return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They helped us organizing trips around Marrakech, like to have a chat with their guests in the patio and invited us for tea several times. The riad is not as posh as other places in Marrakech but is a good deal for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this riad in the Old Medina for two nights, and enjoyed my time immensely. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. They were always able to provide directions to different sites, and also gave me useful tips on navigating around the Old Medina and markets (which can be a bit overwhelming your first time!) The riad itself is very nicely kept, the rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. There's also a nice rooftop to sun on, when it is warmer. Beyond all of this, it is a great bargain for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent one night here on our arrival in Morocco. The staff are SUPERBLY friendly and welcoming and the mint tea is the best I've ever had. The room was lovely as well. Sometimes the room wasn't as quiet as we'd like, but that's what you get with a Riad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The riad is beautiful.
It's located pretty close to the main road (i.e. not so many twists and turns down alleys as other places)

toilet didn't work (big minus)
Airport pickup is a huge rip-off. I had emailed the riad about a pickup before, but since I hadn't heard anything by the time I boarded my flight, I assumed it was a no-go and was prepared to pay what I thought to be a fair price from the airport. When I arrived, it turns out that a driver was waiting for me (I see an email was sent after I departed). I asked him the price, but he wouldn't say, just saying that it would be a good price and that I would pay the hotel. I was very skeptical of that, but I felt locked into it, seeing as that he was already there. The ride ended up costing 20E (about $26 US). On the way back, I got a taxi for 90 dirham (about $10 US) and probably could have bargained for less if I were in the mood. So, I felt very taken advantaged of.

I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We chose this Riad through Booking.com based on the reviews and the price. You can email ahead and arrange for a ride from the airport which is a good idea if you are unfamiliar with Marrakech. The path to get there is a little hard to navigate, with not a lot of signs. Once there we were served Moroccan tea and cookies and shown to our rooms. The rooms were spacious by European standards, clean and comfortable. Our hosts were very friendly and helpful, arranging taxis, recommending restaurants, and teaching us the ways of Moroccan bargaining. We felt very at home, and would definitely stay here again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in this riad for 4 nights and Samira (the manager I think) was nothing more than accomodating. Upon arrival we were greeted with mint tea and biscuits and taken to our room which was clean and pleasantly decorated. Breakfast is included and sets you off for the day - which consists of pancakes, bread, coffee, mint tea and fresh orange juice. If you want more options you can pay for this but this seemed to suit me fine. The room is cleaned daily and is a peaceful quiet place (only thing it is near to the mosque so you do hear morning prayers if you are light sleeper). You do have to walk down an alleyway to get to the riad but to be honest having walked around Marrakech you pretty much have to walk down an alleyway to get in the city to anywhere and I never felt unsafe. I couldn't praise this little riad anymore - pleasant staff, clean premises, and a nice hospitable welcome. Great location to get to the key tourist areas and is in a perfect place. Definitely recommend this place and will return to stay here if I return to Marrakech. Thanks for a wonderful stay to all those in the riad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad La Rose Du Desert? Share your experiences!