“Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route De Bab Atlas No 88/69, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #72 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
“Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

A true oasis you will find it hard to leave the hotel. Beautiful landscaping, endless water bodies and contemporary high tech rooms make this a world class hotel. We particularly loved the ambiance of the rooftop bar with its perfect setting, from which we sipped our cocktails watching the sun set over the surrounding arid landscape and imposing Atlas mountains. The food was fresh and elegantly presented allowing my friend and I to eat healthily for a few days without even noticing. The staff were extremely helpful and went out of there way to ensure that we were well looked after. I experienced a truly authentic Hammam in the spa which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Guest

We would like to sincerely thank you for taking time to note your impression with Palais Namaskar

Your excellent notations are most encouraging and we were truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Palais Namaskar.

We appreciate the time you took to share your impressions about the Beautiful landscaping, endless water bodies, we are also delighted that you particularly loved the ambiance of our nomad bar and it is our hope that you will be back to enjoy the 'AFTER WEEKS' evenings we launched at the nomad bar. We can assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to ensure you always have a seamless stay.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Directeur Général

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Laurent, you manage a magnificent property, I was truly transported from the minute I arrived. It feels like you have stepped into a lavish enchanted garden that whispers soft fragrant delights everywhere you go. You have an exceptional team who really did everything possible to ensure our stay was flawless. Details are so important and seeing it not just from a personal perspective but from our client’s really suffused much confidence that you would always make a stay at the Palais magical regardless of who you are. You strike that perfect balance of attentive but not too intrusive!

I wanted to extend a special thanks to the following members of your team:

Etienne – truly wonderful and attentive in every way, nothing was too much trouble. Arranging our trip to the mountains, allowing us flexibility for the city tour, the list goes on, ensuring we were taken care every step of the way. You have a fine front of house representative, a really great asset to your team!

Muhammed – front reception – A perfect blend of warmth elegance and attention to detail, we had left dinner reservations a little late, however Muhammed remained undeterred and ensured we secured a wonderful table at Maison Arabe, he was also seamless in all our transport requests and other logistics. His warm smiles and welcome really left a great impression.

Salim – He was our host when we first arrived and took us through a lovely tour of the property, ensured we had everything we needed before he left us to relax, a warm and lovely young man who smiles from his heart

Malika and the Spa – I truly felt I had entered a mini paradise, Malika not only accommodated our late arrival with no issues (we ran late from the mountain tour), she oversaw that we enjoyed an incredible 3 hour journey into ultimate and deep relaxation. The area for couples is perfect and really offered us the privacy and luxury of being softly cocooned. I really do enjoy spa treatments, this has to rank at the top – Laurent, I admit at the moment it is in the no.1 spot. The therapists have been trained to an exceptionally high level which left us floating at the end! It has been a very stressful 6 months and my father was out of the hospital (serious spinal injury and 17 months) last week so this short escape was much needed!

The rest of your team throughout the property have such lovely welcoming smiles at all times, the gracious hospitality and the desire to help in whatever small way to ensure we are comfortable is truly a great achievement

The tour and driver we were allocated was organised brilliantly, you have a great agency who extend out the Palais seamlessly. Our driver had a fountain of knowledge and was courteous, funny and attentive at all times. The Berber experience really was a highlight, you are lucky to have such a mountain range at your door step! The only small thing that crossed my mind was more of how a larger group would not really work that well travelling up for the experience, but for a smaller intimate group it really is wonderful.

The property itself really doesn’t reveal its full beauty in pictures, it is so much more than I imagined it to be in person! spoilt with the Palace experience and as I mentioned in person, I was transported to another world/time where I felt like some Arabian princess, every comfort is catered for, the palace was extremely comfortable for the duration of our stay and the view perfect!

Please be rest assured, I will be spreading the word and heartily recommending your property to my contacts and database and I hope you will be fruitfully booked up

see you all again on my next visit! Fohzia Ahmed

Room Tip: Do not leave without a treatment from the excellent spa and a drink on the rooftop No Mad bar!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Fohzia ,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Palais Namaskar. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

marrakech
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I never reviewed this hotel because I never spend the night here and sincerely after visiting this place at least 5 times, I always get the same feeling. Beautiful place, the gardens, swimming pools, architecture, the villas in and outside, the rooms...but lack of professional service is always there. I had lunch here several times in a space of 1,5 year and now tried the sky bar. Service is not rude but not at all meet the standards they should. One thing is they always is a slight push to drink more and that having in mind that alcohol is not cheap here. The ultimate comment we had in the SkyBar (don't consider drinking too much as you have to take the winding stairs after...)was: "Tu vas boire encore"...excuse me??? In english: "Are you going to drink more" I think if they want you to make drinking more at least treat the customer with respect and add this phrase to your vocabulary: Would you like another bottle of wine? Or Would you like to order any other drinks? It's a fab place but this something they should consider to improve urgenty. Surprisingly the owner was also hanging out in the SkyBar but this didn't improve the service.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

May I first and foremost thank you for having shared with us your impressions. We sincerely thank you for posting your comments a few days ago regarding your recent visit to Palais Namaskar and I would like to thank you for your faithfulness and kind words regarding the hotel architecture.

I could see from your comments on Trip Advisor that your recent visit was not up to your expectations. You are so correct that when staying at a hotel in our particular category, you expect perfection at all times, in every aspect.

I was too surprised that the service at our nomad bar was not as it usually is; that we did not rise up to the high quality of service is unacceptable, That you were left with the impression that we cater to those where money is, is really not the case, but here again, if that was your reading, then of course we did not live up to our reputation.

We regret that your experience did not correspond to your needs. Once again we hope that the majority of your readers understand that one experience is not comparable with the other.

Needless to say I hope to have the occasion to speak with you personally, and will see to it that you have my contact details.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

What a beautiful place! Only villa hotel made a stay just out of hotel experience .. We felt so unique lonely quiet and pampered. We had such a non usual experience. The design of the place is breathtaking ... Now we know about the magic of Marrakech.. our previous experiences were not as new... The beauty of Marrakech is the unique weather, dry air and deep deep blue sky... Staying at Namaskar we enjoyed a unique resort style service, beautiful villa with our own large pool (not an outside bathtub) and night life in Marrakech (20 min ride from the hotel)... Being out of the Hustle and Bustle of the center made our stay just as discovering a new destination like being in Mauritius!!! Unexpected. From breakfast to dinner we and a true consistent quality of meals from fresh veggies or fish a mix of natural and perfect !! International service made the experience better than any other place in Marrakech. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a pool villa beautiful pool... great living room, nice asian style garden.... a quiet p...
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a glowing review on Trip Advisor.

Kindly know that your appreciation means a lot to us and that we shared with great pleasure your feedback with our teams and that everyone was genuinely touched.

We put our heart to provide a high level of service to our customers of exception and are delighted to have met your expectations. We can assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to ensure you always have a unique stay.

I look forward to welcoming you soon at Palais Namaskar for a new great experience.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed with with my family over easter break. From the welcome by Mohammed at the airport, 20 minutes after the GM, Laurent so nice positive smile , we arrived in the magical place. Fantastic hotel, housekeeping doing a fabulous, details, gift for the kids....great suite, B&O TV, best bed ever and after you have the king of the 'CUISINE'. A lot of choice, french,thai, moroccan
but....this is magical, fast and really good.
SPA, you are going somewhere that you dont want to come back.

Thank youm best hotel in the world, and best collection...Oetker ....please open in London.

Room Tip: If you can take the Villa Namaskar and the Berber experience.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

A huge thank you for your comment, we greatly appreciate your praise, and the time you took to note your impression on the TripAdvisor site.

We are sincerely touched that you enjoyed the attention of service throughout your stay. Your comments are of great reward for our staff who strive every day to offer our guests a perfect moment of well -being.

Be sure the chef was very touched by your comment. He particularly appreciated that you mentioned “the king of the 'CUISINE" very proud of the work they do every day to try to get ahead of your expectations.

I also want to thank you personally for all your «special mentions" All the team joins me in expressing pleasure that we had to welcome you, and our impatience to have you with us again.

In the meantime, please accept the assurances of my respectful consideration

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed in Palais Namaskar in early May with our children and another family. We stayed in a water palace with swimming pool. Palais Namaskar is a beautiful property, probably one of the nicest hotels we have been to (and we travel quite a bit), but one thing it is lacking is 5-star service. In terms of the accommodation, it is beautiful, tastefully furnished with state of the art furniture and technology (B&B Italia, Minotti, B&O televisions and phones, etc), and our swimming pool was very large and great for children as it was rather shallow. The gardens outside our palace were also perfectly groomed, and the rest of the grounds of the resort are amazing. The night we arrived, there were swarms of mosquitoes in our bedroom, and it took us over an hour to kill all of them – so if you are planning on going, ask them to spray the interior of the rooms before you get there unless you want to be attacked by 40 mosquitoes while you sleep! Although the resort caters for children, there is no kids club or activities designed for children. The pool and grounds kept ours entertained nonetheless – especially feeding the fish and little turtles in the pond just by the restaurant. I used the spa whilst there and it was great – definitely try to have a hammam while there.

The problem with this hotel is that the service is really lacking when you compare it to One & Only and Four Seasons resorts. In my opinion, for the price you are paying to stay there (not cheap!), the service should be impeccable and more. It often took 40 minutes to get eggs for our children for breakfast, we had to call multiple times get someone to answer the phone at the reception/concierge, we didn’t have hot water the first day in our bathroom and we had to complain multiple times to get it fixed, etc. Also, Palais Namaskar is quite far from the centre of Marrakesh, so you need to take a shuttle to town for 25 mins, and the hotel charges exorbitant prices for this – we didn’t realise this until we checked out. We also had an unfortunate incident while there – one of the waiters in the restaurant was rushing through with a large silver platter and rammed into our 5 year old son – he had a deep wound just above his eye and had to get 4 stitches. They sent a doctor to us after we insisted that that was the least they could do – and no one ever followed up to check on our son. We understand that accidents can happen but the least management should do in this case is to check up on our son the same night or the next morning. My husband made the point and voiced his disappointment and it is only then that the Manager of the resort focused on the incident and made sure communication within management was right. He has since kindly followed up on our son by email to see if the wound has healed well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest

May I first of all and foremost thank you for having shared with us your impressions about your experience at Palais Namaskar.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and are also delighted to know that you have been seduced by our gardens which have recently taken its spring colors. However it is with great regret we read that your stay was not up to your expectations. Being compared to other hotels mentioned is a real disappointment as we pride ourselves for being known for our excellence in quality of service.

You are very correct in assuming that your stay at Palais Namaskar should be the best ever, we are sorry that you had to deal with technical failures in your room. Know that our teams were immediately mobilized to find the problem and fix it; our aim is to offer a consistent product and service to each and every one of our guests.

As per all the charges following your son unfortunate incident; after which I was really concerned ,the doctor was called on the spot and immediate follow up was done by the manager on duty that day; the doctor expenses and all extras consumed during your stay were adjusted from the bill since we graciously offered the night complimentary.

Those of us who are in that sector of the hotel business have as an objective every day to at least measure up to the guest expectations, or better yet, exceed theme.

As you know I went to see your son in London in May to make sure that he feels better and I am still in contact with you.

As we discussed, it will be my pleasure to welcome you soon back in your home away from home.
Sincerely yours,

London, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Palais Manaskar is one of the best hotels that i ever been. Beautiful and clean arquitecture, amazing vila with it is own swimming pool and a lovely restaurant by the pool. I really recommend this unforgettable hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.
We would like to sincerely thank you for taking time to note your impression with Le Palais Namaskar.
Kindly know that your appreciation means a lot to us and that we shared with great pleasure your feedback with our teams.
We can assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to ensure you always have a great stay.

Laurent Branover

Been to Palais Namaskar? Share your experiences!