“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
Basel, Switzerland
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We just returned from a short visit to Marrakech. Having traveled many times to this fabulous city we decided not to stay in the centre but rather a bit outside in the relaxing Palmeraie area. And with the Palais Namaskar we found the prefect home away from home. Besides the many small thinks, such as airport welcome, limo service in and out the town, drinks on the rooftop bar and so on, that other luxury hotels may also offer, it's the perfect combination of traditional service mixed with the right amount of familiarity that makes you feel at home!
So one of the world best and definitely on top of the Oetker collection.
We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed at the water Palace. You can't ask for more space!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I was delighted that we met your expectations in so many ways during your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you soon at Palais Namaskar, please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit to arrange the reservation for you.

Laurent Branover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I visited Palais Namaskar for the Bank Holiday weekend. Having stayed in Marrakech last year in the Medina, I was eager to return and this time, we stayed in the Palmeraie region. We were greeted at the airport by a member of the team from the hotel and offered cold towels and driven to the hotel in a beautiful cool car. We were welcomed at the hotel by several members of the team and taken to our room. This place is seriously special - we travel a lot and my husband and I both agreed that this was now our favourite hotel in the world. The service was amazing - nothing too much trouble and very intuitive and proactive, rather than reactive. Khalid in the restaurant was absolutely fabulous and anticipated our every need. The main pool is stunning and the roof terrace is magical at sunset for cocktails. We visited the Atlas mountains on the recommendation of the guest services team and had lunch in a traditional Berber house in the mountains - an experience that we will never forget - and I would honestly say to anybody that is thinking of Palais Namaskar as their chosen hotel in Marrakech, you should definitely book this place. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Pool Villa and the space that we had was amazing and so private and quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you had a wonderful time with us and that you were pleased with our product and the services provided by our team. I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with all of them.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a beautiful place. Ridiculous really. Such a relaxing atmosphere from the chilled out reception to the grand rooms and restaurant with these tall curtains draped lavishly here and there. The staff, as ever, make it what it is. My family loved it. (All adults). With the fascinating history and barmy bartering of Marrakech only 15 minutes away I think it's a definite for a return visit.

Room Tip: The rooms that have a pool are unbeatable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Palais Namaskar. It was a real pleasure reading such positive feedback.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review, i will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with all teams.
I look forward to welcoming you soon at Palais Namaskar.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I gave the Palais Namaskar 4 stars for my first visit for a few reasons. But we've just had another visit, and if you truly want to escape, hardly see a soul, and be surrounded by fabulous gradens and very good service, this is the place to be. And this time I give the Namaskar a genuine 5* simply because the staff seemed more relaxed and less on edge, and the senior management seem to have learnt to not fuss and be more discreet.

This trip to the Palais Namaskar provided true peace and relaxation - and really felt like a spot of paradise. If you don't need to go into the centre of Marrakech, you want a fabulous bed with great linens, a decent selection of TV stations, a good WI-FI reception, good air-conditioning, good food, charming staff, then this is a perfect hideaway and escape. We miss it every day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your second stay in Palais Namaskar. It was a real pleasure reading such positive feedback regarding our products and services.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Although I would never seek celebrity status all the staff at the Palais Namaskar certainly make you feel like one. The reviews written by others are all true, this hotel is fantastic. It would be unfair to single out any one staff member as every one we encountered during our week stay were equally attentive and helpful. The management of the hotel should be very proud of all their staff. Thanks for a perfectly peaceful, relaxing, get away from it all holiday.

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure reading such positive feedback regarding our product and our team.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review.
I will pass on your kind words to my teams which will serve as an encouragement to all of them to keep on providing high standard of services to all of our guests.
We truly appreciate your fidelity and support of Palais Namaskar, and no effort will be spared to keep your trust in us. We can assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to ensure you always have a seamless stay.
We look forward to your next visit to Palais Namaskar.

Kind regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days and had a spectacular time. We were originally concerned with location away from medina but this was blessing actually - the property MORE than compensates for distance from center by the enormous size of grounds and rooms and the outstanding level of service and quality of property. Also, they provide a luxury car often at night to take you out. Our standard room was rediculously nice - tastefully decorated and huge. The service was the best I've ever had - from the concierge planning every last detail, to the manager retrieving my lost luggage, to the friendliness of every staff member...these people must be trained like crazy to deliver that level all the time. I was literally spritzed with evian to cool down at lunch by a server, and offered fresh oysters walking by because someone saw me eyeing the raw bar. Phenomenal. Would insist on any couple friends staying there and only there - such a gem. The only reason its not more popular yet is because its brand new. So happy we stayed here in this tranquil oasis - especially after being bombarded in the crowded hectic cramped medina for sightseeing. We were so relieved to retreat back to our special luxe hotel every afternoon.

Room Tip: Even standard rooms have amazing private jacuzzis, you cant go wrong. I can't even imagine what...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Palais Namaskar. It was a real pleasure reading such positive feedback regarding our products and services.

could be anywhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I decided to spend 10 days in Marrakech as the main event of our honeymoon in June 2013. We could not be happier with our decision and would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

We've been lucky enough in our travels to stay in several nice hotels... calling this place a 5-star hotel is almost an insult to it; the grounds, gardens, food, service, and room quality are above and beyond any 5-star hotel at which we had previously stayed.

Arrival went very well. The pickup from the airport and drive out to the hotel was very professional and much appreciated.

Spa was great - We had a package that included some spa services, and can highly reccomend the Signature Namaskar services... the hamam and massage combination were amazing! I'm not much of a spa person, but my wife is, and she was very impressed.

Food was amazing. We had an "American breakfast" each morning that consisted of eggs (cooked however you wanted them), fresh cut fruit (delicious), saussage or bacon and fresh bread. We would generally have the eggs in the morning, lay out in our pool, and have the fruit a few hours later as a mid-day snack... just perfect. One evening, we mentioned we were interested in an Italian restaurant in Marrakech - the team suggested we stay instead and have the chef make a special dinner - the resulting 4 course Italian meal featured the best tiramisu we've ever had! I think we could easily reccomend any of the restaurant team's special menu's and dinners - we also had the executive chef's tasting menu, which was terrific.

The staff - especially at the restaurant - was unbelieveable. They figured out our likes, suggested new wines (which we loved), and went above and beyond - truly service with a friendly spirit. The cocktails on the roof terrace during sunset were incredible and a great way to start an evening.

Our room was perfect - the double showerhead rain shower was always a welcome way to rinse off the sunscreen and the olive wood fires in our living room (lit minutes after one called housekeeping) were unforgettable. The room was kept extremely well by the housekeeping staff.

The location, like others have mentioned, is about 30 minutes outside of the town. We actually liked that - we were able to alternate a day or two among the hustle and bustle of the souks with relaxing days just soaking up the sun.

It was also very nice to meet several of the hotel management - from the hotel GM during a happy hour to the chefs after our special meals - the insight into what they were doing at this relatively new hotel always made for interesting conversation over a cocktail.

The hotel is truly a value in my mind - it is certainly a luxury experience, but when we think about our excellent experience and compare it to similar expenditures, we feel like we have paid a lot more for a lot less at other places in the past.

We will be back to celebrate an anniversary in the future, and look forward to the next visit!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a pool suite, which is a must-have if you are there during the summer. It's...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted that we met your expectations.

I am glad that you had a wonderful time with us and that you were pleased with the services provided by our team. I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with all of them.

Palais Namaskar

Been to Palais Namaskar? Share your experiences!