“No words can do justice” 5 of 5 stars

Palais Namaskar
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route De Bab Atlas No 88/69, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #66 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Bucharest, Romania
“No words can do justice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is not a hotel. As the name says, it's a palace. Reviews here have a 200 character minimum, but there's just nothing to express this level of luxury, comfort and relaxation. The experience is out of this world.... from the large door to your "room", to the lovely paved pathways, from the lush green vegetation all around to the numerous ornamental pools... there bathroom opened up to small gardens at each end... with olive trees! All rooms have gardens with at least a jacuzzi... I had the privilege of a private heated swimming pool.

Don't laugh when they give you a map of the place with your room key. Take it. You'll need it. This "hotel" is huge! Also, don't be shy to call front desk for transportation. It's free, fun (golf carts), and much needed if you don't want to walk. Tho I advise you to take long walks because they're totally worth it.

There is nothing, nothing I can say that would do justice to this place. It's fit for kings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Palais Namaskar your comments mean a lot to us and we shared with great pleasure your feedback with our teams.

I hope we can welcome you soon at Palais Namaskar.

Yours most sincerely,

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a 4 night 5 day stay at this truly outstanding hotel. I really do not have the words to do it justice. The service is above contestation, the food... well let’s just say I would kidnap the chef as the man is quite simply a genius. The design and landscaping create the intent of what the hotel wishes to deliver and that vision is not compromised in any way by the staff who (and I don’t say this lightly) all delivered beyond my expectations (which is truly not an easy thing to do) From the senior management right down to the team that tend the grounds each day, the hospitality and competency is exceptional.
What Mr Frederic Picard and his team are delivering on a daily basis is a standard by which all hotels of this calibre should deliver and unfortunately many come up short. In fact I think you will be hard pressed to find a similar establishment that delivers with such consistency to excellence across all parts of the business.
I could go on and on sing the praises of my stay but I would not wish to deprive you of the opportunity to discover all the aspects that this gem has to offer for yourself.
If you’re looking for the ultimate relaxing break, with some of the most welcoming, well trained, dedicated, attentive and managed hotel staff you will every interact with then look no further.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Laurent B, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to sincerely thank you for taking time to note your warm impression with Le Palais Namaskar on tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Palais Namaskar,your comments mean a lot to us and that we shared with great pleasure your feedback with our teams.

Please rest assured that it would be my personal pleasure to welcoming you again at Le Palais Namaskar in the near future.

Yours most sincerely
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

When you have had the opportunity to enjoy some of the world's best hotels, it takes something amazing to make you go 'wow!' But Palais Namaskar manages it!

About 30 mins from the airport and 20 mins from The Medina, it is just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech to ensure a quiet break - and from the moment you arrive you know it's going to be something special.

Palais Namaskar is set over a vast, beautifully landscaped area with huge water features providing a perfect, calm setting. It would be easy to avoid seeing any other guests.

The rooms are special, providing that perfect combination of contemporary with Moroccan traditional. We had a standard room, which was absolutely perfect - cleverly designed with a large main room a substantial bathroom. Outside is another world: We had a circular heated pool set in its own water feature. Peace and tranquillity - heaven! Breakfast on our own beautiful terrace each morning was the stuff of dreams.

The staff were, as you would expect in this class of hotel, polite and efficient. Except that here, their courtesy and kindness went a step beyond. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble and delivered with a genuine friendliness that helped make our stay special.

The restaurant was modern and trendy but in a unique Moroccan way. Food was French style with a Moroccan twist. The menu, however, was quite limited and after a couple of days we had exhausted our choices, but food quality was outstanding.

The real surprise? Whisper it - but for a hotel of this exceptional quality - and by international standards, it was particularly good value!

Apparently Palais Namaskar has been awarded the accolade of 'Best Hotel in Morocco 2013' and it’s easy to see why. Book without hesitation!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to note your warm impression with Le Palais Namaskar
Reading such a great report on our service is always a real pleasure.

I was also delighted to read that you liked our product & services. I have passed on your kind words to the brilliant team and i hope to personally welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit to arrange the reservation for you.

Kind Regards,
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I went to this hotel in December and I was totally blown away.
The hotel is very new and you can notice how well it was done.
We had a huge suite (we were kindly upgraded) with a heated swimming pool (not a plunge pool but a real swimming pool).
The entrance of the hotel is not spectacular however as soon as you arrive the guest relation manager takes you to your suite and does the check in insite your suite.
All the amenties were excellent (Nespresso in the room and Bulgari bathroom amenities).
Our suite was immense... There was a huge living/dining room with a fire place which made the place extremely romantic. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have slept in!
We also had a huge terrace with a swimming pool in excellent conditions.
Our bedroom was very large and was overlooking a patio garden.
The bathroom had a tub as well as a double shower which was also very large!
There was a walking closet with details like shoe boxes and litle pouches for your belongings.

We had one dinner and in our room and I must admit I was pretty chuffed by the room service! It was beyond good! The staff was very friendly but also very discreet....
The restaurant is also very nice, cosy and there are very good dj's in the evening - there was a huge fire place in the middle of the restaurant however it's a shame that the restaurant is in the same look and feel as the rooms.
Anyway the food is good.
Breakfast is not buffet which makes it really chic!

The gym is probably the best I have ever seen - excellent music and sound system, excellent equipement and cherry on the cake in the fridge there are cold wet towels for once you have finished exercizing.

The only "black" cloud to the picture if I had to find something is the swimming pool which is in the middle of the restaurant as well as the poor lighting at night (it is very dark). Appart from that everything else is just perfect.

I definitely recommend this jewel which is pure luxury and excellent quality!

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted that we met your expecations
I appreciate the time you took to share your impressions.

We truly appreciate your fidelity and support of Palais Namaskar, and no effort will be spared to keep your trust in us. We can assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to ensure you always have a seamless stay.

Please rest assured that it would be my personal pleasure to welcoming you at Le Palais Namaskar in the near future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went solo for 3 days mid-Jan. It's an oasis of peace with wonderful gardens, beautifully maintained. Stunning decor (lovely chandeliers everywhere & small, but well equipped gym. Restaurant Staff were wonderful & the service was faultless throughout the hotel. Rooms vary, but all are beautiful. Surrounding area is disappointing, but who needs to leave the hotel? Everything you need is there for a sophisticated, relaxing stay. It was too cold to peruse the outside bar, but I've booked at the beginning of March for another 3 days when I'm told it will be
warmer & the bar will be in full swing. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Take your best clothes!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I spend few days in Marrakech for the festive December 2012.
We extremely enjoyed the city but what made vacation the best vacation ever is The time we had at Le Palais Namaskar.
I will have never beleived such a baoutiful place exist in Marrakech.
You feel in your own paradise, amazing services as well.
The lunch we had for the christmass day at the gastronomique restaurant was just amazing as well. Thank you to chef Antoine Perray
We had this tasting lunch menu on the terrace overlooking a spotless pool and garden.
I recommend to all of you to stay their or if not at least pass by for dinner or lunch.

Cheers

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review regarding your stay at Palais Namaskar.

Your comments mean a lot to us and that we shared with great pleasure your feedback with our teams.

As a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, we can however assure you that we will do our utmost to ensure you always have a seamless stay.

I hope we can welcome you soon at Palais Namaskar.

Yours most sincerely,

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hotel/Room: (3.5 out of 5)

(The good)

The hotel is beautiful and immaculate. Structurally, it’s amazing in every means and maintained religiously by an army of cleaners, washers, gardeners, etc. The interior designs are well thought out and the attention to detail is immense.
The suites are very spacious and comfortable. The closet space is adequate, and the washrooms/showers are great. So far so good.

(The bad)

The suites have these long and heavy curtains by the windows and as dividers for the bedroom & lounge area. They look good and are very functional. However, once you lift them on the sides, you’ll see some serious sanitary issues. Firstly, it’s evident that the house keepers have never cleaned those areas. There are hundreds of ants, along with tons of dust in the corners. It’s absolutely disgusting once you discover these. (you can see in pictures)
We never left anything out or any food unattended. So upon investigating the ants issue, we saw that the doors that lead to the garden and the pool wouldn’t shut completely and the ants would freely come in and make homes in the holes in the walls (as seen in pictures). We left a note for the housekeepers to clean out the ants, but nothing was done in this regard. If it wasn’t because of the ants, I would have rated this part 5/5.

Service: (0 out of 5)

(The good)

Initially when we first arrived at the hotel, there weren’t many guests yet (we were told that including us, only 3 rooms were occupied at the time). The service was good and the staff was very attentive to us and our requests.

(The bad)

This completely changed in a few days after a few more rooms became occupied due to the “festive season”. The attentiveness decreased and decreased until it was literally non-existent. There wasn’t a time that I didn’t have to call 3 or 4 times to get what I asked for. If I ordered food, some item was always missing. If I had asked for our car, it was never ready on time. And whenever I was promised a time for something, there was always an unacceptably long delay. I had to keep calling for everything and they would just apologize with no explanation. It was very frustrating and we were there from Dec 19 – Jan 2 so unfortunately for us it was during their “busy time”.

Before we arrived, I had emailed the guest services in regards to renting a car. They assured me that I wouldn’t need one as there WILL be a free shuttle available during our stay that will run daily. When we arrived, however, we were told that this has changed. There was no shuttle available and we would need to use the hotel luxury cars (which is about $110 per direction. So a trip to Medina and back would run us $220). So okay, we book the car on our first day there and go to the Medina in their S550. It was awkward to get out of this car in the old and poor part of town. In any way, we called the hotel a few hours after to send us the car so we could come back. They said 20 minutes. Over an hour later, they call me and say a “TAXI” is there to pick us up. We were very pissed off because if we wanted a taxi why would we have waited over an hour? We could have just got into one whenever we wanted. When we got back to the hotel I confronted the staff and they told me they just didn’t have any cars available as they are picking up guests from the airport. This was the start of our major disappointment with the guest services. From here everything was downhill.

We then asked the reception to find us an automatic car to rent. They came back with a 4x4 VW for about $2400 MAD per day. (And the car showed up 8 hours and 5 calls later than promised) I asked if I can extend it as long as I’d like. They said yes, no problem. On the 2nd day, I told the reception that I’ll just extend the rental until the 2nd of January. They came back and said I can’t rent the car for that duration and in fact, will need to return the car in the morning as they’ve rented it to someone else. They said they have the same car but now for $3800 MAD per day. I explained that I will not pay that amount for principle reasons as I can rent a Rolls Royce in Vancouver for that price. I asked them to find me any other car. The guest services called me back and said there are absolutely NO automatic cars in Marrakech for rent other than the one that was quoted to us. I told them to forget it. My wife googled car agencies in Marrakech and called the first result she found. They had many available cars for the fraction of the price that was quoted. We got a nice new Audi for the duration of our stay. At this point we had realized that the guest services were useless at helping us with anything and just waste our time. So for the rest of the trip, we did everything ourselves. We made all the restaurant reservations, booked all of our own excursions, trips, etc.

On one of the last days of our trip, my wife was extremely sick due to stomach flu. I called the reception to call us a doctor. I was told that a doctor will arrive in 1 hour. 2 hours later, he showed up, examined my wife and wrote about 5 or 6 prescriptions. He gave it to the reception to send somebody to acquire them. Over an hour passed and nothing. We didn’t even hear back. I called them and they apologized and said the medicines will be here in less than 15 minutes. Another hour passed and still nothing. Called back and was told it’ll be 30 more minutes because of traffic. Same story again and again until finally after 4.5 hours I got the medicines. This really ruined our entire trip to think how careless the staff were. Medicines should have been top priority. Nothing takes 4.5 hours of driving in Marrakech. I know because for the 2 weeks I was there, we drove everywhere.

The only credit I can give them is that on the days that followed, the staff kept asking my wife how she is feeling. That was nice of them.

Restaurant: (1 out of 5)

(The good)

The breakfast was alright.
The rooftop patio has a very nice view. It’s worth a visit during the sunset.

(The bad)

The food in this restaurant is mediocre at best. You’ll hear them boast all sorts on their restaurant and their chef, but in reality, if you are used to fine dining, the food is nothing special. And it’s unfortunate because the hotel is in a region that’s about 20 minutes away from any action. So you’re stuck with their restaurant for the most part. We ordered everything that was on their menu and don’t even have a dish that stood out. There were many times that I couldn’t even touch my dish because the food wasn’t edible, and had to finally send a dish back because the beef was absolutely cold. I had the server touch it and he was also very surprised that this dish was even served.

The restaurant service was also dreadful. We were so tired of having to ask for the same thing 2 or 3 times. It finally turned into a fun game between my wife and I to try and guess which items that we ordered will be missing when they bring everything out. We would get the food and have no cutlery. Or no napkins. Or part of our order would be missing. We were here for a long duration so we had made a few friends and they all had the same experience. When I asked the servers why this was, they told me that they have to work double shifts for the entire “busy” week and they’re tired. In any case, this is horrible management.

New Year’s Eve: (0 out of 5) – I wish I could rate it less than 0.

I asked, maybe 3 or 4 times prior to the event, what will the “party” entail. I was told that there will be live music, belly dancers, DJ, and lots of entertainment, and that I won’t be disappointed. And of course there was a 15 course dinner.

We’re the type, like most people, that take New Year’s seriously and always have a great time at parties and galas. So we were EXTREMELY disappointed when we sat down for 2 and a half hours to just eat 15 courses of dinner, have ONE thin and amateur belly dancer dance to TWO songs, and that’s it. We joked around with a few of other guests near us and they were also super disappointed. A guest sitting behind us actually fell asleep. There was no entertainment. And the 15 course dinner was dreadful. We didn’t eat most of the courses. One of the DINNER courses was a shot of Vodka with a vanilla bean in it. It’s New Year’s and people drink all sorts of drinks. Is it a genius idea to give people a big vodka shot and mix the spirits? People don’t mix spirits in high school even. No class.

We left before midnight as we couldn’t stand sitting around anymore. It was the most boring NYE of my life.

January 1 Brunch: (Non-existent)

We had signed up for brunch for the next day which was supposed to be a buffet. We got there at 10, along with other guests, and we were all told that brunch won’t be until 1:00PM. (??) Where in the world does brunch start at 1? We all just ate normal breakfast and left.

================
================

All in all, we had an amazing time in Marrakech. Our biggest disappointment was the service of the hotel. The hotel itself was beautiful. So it is a shame. We hope that this review helps in a way to make things better. The hotel director, Mr. Piccard seemed like a nice and respectable gentleman and hopefully will sort out the kinks of the hotel soon.

At the moment, there are tons of better options in Marrakech. There are beautiful Ryads and hotels with great service. For all of the reasons above, we will not be back to Palais Namaskar.

Sorry for the long review. I hope, for the sake of the hotel’s improvement, that the management doesn’t merely try to prove everyone wrong by calling their attention to impressive articles, awards, or press releases about the hotel. This doesn’t always reflect a true and accurate description of the hotel. I know this because I own and operate one of North America’s largest Marketing & PR companies. If a guest takes the time to report some issues with the hotel it’s not out of anything but hope to be heard and ultimately to help out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederic P, Directeur général at Palais Namaskar, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at Palais Namaskar, It was a pleasure talking to you on the phone to discuss all relevant points.
I truly appreciate your feedback and as I had the chance to personally meet you during your stay I would have been delighted to receive your observations while you were staying with us, so we could have react immediately to ensure that your level of expectation was reached.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Palais Namaskar in a not too distant future.

Truly Yours,

Frederic Picard
PALAIS NAMASKAR

Been to Palais Namaskar? Share your experiences!