“Opera plaz hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Opera Plaza Hotel

You added Opera Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Opera Plaza Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Avenue Mohammed VI et Avenue Hassan II, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #256 of 490 Hotels in Marrakech
Waterford, Ireland
“Opera plaz hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had a fabulous week here, spa was delightful, hotel staff helpful and friendly the pool area is clean and tranquil just what's needed after a being in the Medina haggling !!! . i would stay at this hotel again ,it's only a few mins by taxi from Medina and Gueliz and airport. wifi is a hit and miss but cross the road to Mcdonalds and use theirs !,. Recommend poolside view, lovely lit up at nighttime.

Room Tip: Poolside view
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
4 Thank 25jacinta

Newport-On-Tay, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Really loved this hotel, staff were freindly and helpfull and spoke good english. Hotel was immacuate and very stylish and breakfast was good. It was about 20 minute walk to the square but taxis are cheap, we never paid any more than 40 dirum but you must agree the price before getting in the taxi. wifi was slow at times but it was free. This hotel was like a tranquil haven after spending time in the crazy city!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alanna C
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and i stayed from 5th - 12th july. Hotel was lovely, and of a very good standard. Lovely clean rooms and furnished really nice. Warning though, we had our phone and some cash stolen out of our room. We had been out and came back mid-day, room had been cleaned, decided to have a couple of hours by the pool. in that time someone had been in and stole. We do use the safe provided, but carelessly forget to put cash and phone away after being out.Hotel called police and we reported what had happened.Could have been worse! Lock everything, even if leaving room for a few minutes, you never know!.Apart from that had a fab time.

Room Tip: choose pool view. Road view could be noisy.
3 Thank donna c
Hatfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed, as a family, 5 nights between 27/07/2014 to 02/07/2014.
The hotel and the staff are all very good.
We were welcomed first by Abdullah at the reception who gave us a good introduction about the hotel.
The hotel and the rooms are very clean.
The staff are all very helpful and very polite.
The food was very good.
The only downside was the Wi Fi in the rooms; it stopped working from 2nd day of our stay and we have to come to the lobby to access the wi fi.
In general we enjoyed our stay and would like to visit Merrakesh and stay in this hotel in the future.
I would lke to hank all the staff including the receptionists with special thanks to Abdullah, the room cleaners, the room service and all the staff at the restaurant where we used to have our breakfast and dinner.
As it was Ramadan; They offer us to deliver the Suhoor to our room for free at time convenient for us,
Many Thanks

R. Aziz
UK

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Rafid A
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend on the 4th July. The hotel is amazing along with the staff who were extremely friendly and helpful. We can't wait to return next year. Thank you to everyone for making our stay so AMAZING!!!!!!

2 Thank fyemma1
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed from the 8th July until the 12th July on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis booked via Superbreaks. Some reports made me a little nervous however my concerns were not necessary at all! The staff were welcoming and friendly, the room and facilities were good, food was ok and it was very good value for money! I would not hesitate to return to this hotel should I visit Marrakesh again.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the inner courtyard which contains the good sized pool and outside bar. Music st...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
3 Thank 99PSB
Wolverhampton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and I would Hello, I recently stayed at the Opera Plaza Hotel and I strongly recommend you do NOT stay here and think its wise if you keep away. The rooms you cannot fault and some of the staff are pleasant. BUT !!!!
The people on reception are very rude and un-helpful. If you are doing Half board or Bed and breakfast then expect the same food every day, which I can guarantee you will be sick of the sight off.

I am going to get straight to the bad points.

The Electric lamp wiring was lose in my room, Please see pictures.

I was told I could not bring in food or drink from the local supermarket and that water had to be purchased from them only. ( Not sure why? as I had paid for room and I should be allowed to eat and drink what I wanted )

During the World Cup, People were asked to leave !!! If they didn’t buy a drink from the bar. Some people complained stating they had just been out for a family meal in town and didn’t want to buy a drink from the bar.
The bar was very expensive and differed prices were charged depending on who served you. One lady charged me 30 dirhams for a can of coke and the next day a man charged me 40 Dirham.

I was told i was not allowed to hang up my towel on the balcony to let it dry out after being by the pool. My Balcony was at the front of the hotel.

My Television lost all its channels one day! I would also advise not to leave valuables in your room, as i heard stories of the cleaners stealing items.
The staff of reception were un-helpful to the couple who had their iPad and charger stolen.

The security guards were often trying to order me a taxi and charging around 150 Dirhams to return me to the airport, trying to make a profit for themselves.
I caught a taxi for half that price in the end. They would also try and flag down a taxi for you and again making a profit with the driver.

Finally on my last day, I was charged 115 Dirhams, so called Hotel tax? Not sure why as this as I had paid for my room in advance for 7 nights in with alpha rooms.
I will be lodging a complaint.

Please check that you will not be charged any extra money after your stay!!!! Please please keep away from this Hotel and don’t let me experience spoil your holiday. ( Stay away from room 217 )

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo