“Balance the hustle and bustle with relaxation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tigmiza - Suites & Pavillons

You added Tigmiza - Suites & Pavillons to your Saves list
Tigmiza - Suites & Pavillons
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route de Bab Atlas | Douar Lagribate - Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #89 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Balance the hustle and bustle with relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

A perfect base from which to explore Marrakech city and it's charms. A short fifteen minute drive from the hotel to the medina meant we could enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city and when needing a break escape to the hotel with its luxuries and two great swimming pools. The drive between the city centre and the hotel is really direct, point to point and without any hassles. The hotel itself is something special. The staff were a pleasure from the moment of the first welcome, by name at the entrance gate, through to the reception (the welcome is with drinks and snacks in the lounge, a great touch) and all other interactions. What makes Tigmiza a little different is that the rooms (suites as they are large, with huge bed, spacious bathroom and a lounge) are decorated according to a theme. We stayed in the Chinese suite and the Noire et Or suites, both very different and good options. I was worried that the effect may be kitch, but the interior decoration is brilliantly executed, with top quality fittings and arrangments. A great sense of luxury. Breakfast was enjoyable, served with some traditional Moroccan elements and the usual yoghurt, croissant and breads. Both pools are great to spend time at, the courtyard pool offers a special feel. A great option for balancing relaxing with the activities of the city centre. A wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
tigmiza, Responsable commercial at Tigmiza - Suites & Pavillons, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for having chosen Tigmiza Suites & Pavillons for your recent stay in Marrakech.
I would like to thank you also for your kind review as we are extremely sensitive to our guest's feedbacks. We are vary happy that you appreciate our room decoration.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

First time for our little family in Marrakesh and definitely not our last!
We felt in love with the city since the first day and Tigmiza had to do with it...
The hotel decoration is really unique and when I say unique I mean it : each room is different to the others, the attention to detail is astonishing
The staff is fantastic, the food delicious, (specially the home made chocolate cookies - served at tea time!)
I highly recommend this hotel that gave us a boost of energy( we almost didn't have to deal with the kids:)

• Stayed April 2013
tigmiza, Responsable commercial at Tigmiza - Suites & Pavillons, responded to this review, July 18, 2013

Best regards
Makiivka, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Some time ago my family and I came to your town on vacation and stayed at your hotel. We want to express to you our gratitude for your warm welcome and good service. Our children were very happy and satisfied your Hotel. My husband and I also had a great time and got a lot of positive emotions. Thank you once again for the wonderful time we spent with you. Your staff were so kind to me, I do not know how to thank you. My family really enjoyed your hotel. I will recommend your hotel to my friends. My kids told me that your hotel is the best on planet earth.We want to express to you my gratitude for your warm welcome and good service.Thank you once again for the wonderful time we spent with you. I will recommend your hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Tigmiza Suites & Pavillons.

We were delighted to learn of how much you enjoyed staying with us. We will share your kind feedback with our team.
Thanks again, and we hope that we will have soon the pleasure to welcome you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Myself and my husband thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Tigmiza. After arriving in Marrakech quite late at night and driving past the hustle and bustle of the square it was extremely refreshing to drive into Tigmiza, with its gated entrance and surrounded by stunning tall palm trees we automatically felt secure and pleased with our choice of stay. Upon being greated by the staff when we arrived we were shown into a beautifully decorated room where we were offered refreshments and light snacks before check in. We found the staff at Tigmiza to be extremely helpful there was not anything that they would not do for us from organising us taxis to making us reservations at restaurants.

Tigmiza is the perfect place if you want somewhere quiet, great service and gorgeous surroundings.....I would definitely revisit Tigmiza in the future.

• Stayed May 2013
tigmiza, Responsable commercial at Tigmiza - Suites & Pavillons, responded to this review, July 17, 2013

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

with my wife and our small dog have staid here at the Suite Noir&Or from the 2nd to the 6th of May. The hotel decoration is by a very clever Designer from Belgium that has given a beautiful look at all interiors and exteriors. The service is perfect with beautiful dressed costumes, they will serve excellent bites and mint tea at your arrival and then again at every tea time. All suites are well described in internet so that everyone can choose what is best for them. We liked the most our suite noir&or. It is very funny and enjoyable to know that you can reserve your private Cinema with more than 300 titles. it is also not to be missed the small Night Club "The Masai" in african style and modern original music, you can dance as long as you like.
Tigmza has beautiful gardens and 2 large swimming pools, our preferred one is the one in the internal court sourrended by banana trees, it is fantastic.
It is worth mentioning that they also have a private shuttle from the hotel to the Medina twice a day, very convenient. A big thank you to all the staff, professional and always smiling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Scott,

Thank you very much for your kind comment about Tigmiza.
It has been such a pleasure to have you among us.
All the Tigmiza team is looking forward to welcoming you again for another memorable stay in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel for my 40th birthday as a surprise;
We were booked into a suite but when we got there late because of the flight delay, we were upgraded on villa with private pool; We felt like royalty.
The hotel was fantastic, stunning decor, super clean, the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The food was excellent, we had lunch around a large swimming pool and twice dinned at the terrace great view.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and hopefully we will visit again soon!

• Stayed April 2013
tigmiza, Responsable commercial at Tigmiza - Suites & Pavillons, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Tigmiza Suites & Pavillons.

We were delighted to learn of how much you enjoyed staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We had four days of bliss at Tigmiza, looked after with the rarest of kindness and attention. It wouldn't be fair to relate all of the small moments of generosity displayed by the staff at this wonderful hotel in case we set expectations for future guests unfairly high! Suffice it to say that whenever an opportunity presented itself to do what was easy or normal for the hotel or what was best for us as guests the staff unfailingly chose to do what was best for us.

I will relay one example because I think it conveys perfectly the way the team at Tigmiza chose to go the extra mile. Before we arrived we asked could we have one suite set up with two single beds to accommodate our two sons who, at 12 and 15, prefer not to share a bed. Of course came the reply and normally that would be the end of that. On the morning of our arrival, shortly after our punctual pickup from the Medina, we were given the usual warm Moroccan welcome including mint tea, orange juice, water and small pastries. We were then told we would be shown a choice of adjoining suites and we could chose which we preferred. My well travelled, seen it all kids, immediately broke into huge smiles at the thought of choosing their own room. The first pairing, two differently themed, beautifully decorated rooms facing each other across a stairwell were set out as one twin and one double. I'd have stopped right there so gorgeous were they but after a few minutes to check them out we were taken up a floor to two identically set out rooms, one double, one twin except with completely different themes. The boys immediately fell in love with 'Le Chinoise', as I suspect the hotel knew they would as it was already laid out as a twin, and pronounced it their choice. So the normally mundane, checking into your room, became an adventure and an event, all thanks to the extra effort that the staff took it upon themselves to invest knowing it would make a difference to us. Thoughtful and classy.

Those first few minutes set the tone for our entire stay at Tigmiza. During our visit the hotel was quiet after what I later learned had been two very busy weeks over Easter. Easy in that situation for a hotel to relax a bit and catch a breath. Well, not a bit of it at Tigmiza. We were made to feel like the most important guests they had ever had. Nothing was too much trouble for the team. "You would like your desert in the cinema? Certainly sir." Followed by a small team kicking into action putting on films, moving tables, bringing in food. I have to say that was so much fun. Sitting in huge red leather armchairs watching the big screen just the four of us with a cinema to ourselves munching on pudding and drinking wine.

So, you get the idea. Unlike lots of places these days where it seems the guest exists to serve the hotel this is resolutely old school, a hotel done the way they all should be, 100% focused on the guest and the guests' enjoyment of their stay.

I could finish there but there are a few more things to mention. The pool area, just about ideal with large, comfortable recliners, a bar with the usual discreet but attentive staff, lots of shade or lots of sun, whatever you want. You can have lunch by the pool, and I daresay if you wanted it your breakfast or your dinner.

The hotel itself, full of light and space, quiet corners and comfortable bars, is close enough to the city to be no obstacle to dining out or spending the day in the Medina or indeed hiking further afield. Be warned though, like us you may not want to leave. In fact our recommendation would be stay in the Medina for a few days to 'do' Marrakech then head out to Tigmiza for the rest of your trip for peace, quiet, luxury and relaxation.

The cinema, covered already but it must rank as one of the best film watching sessions we've ever had. Not to be missed if you have kids!

Breakfasts, freshly prepared, vast and tasty. Taken wherever you fancy.

Dinner, we ate there one evening only. It was well prepared, tasty, traditional food. However, my one criticism of the hotel is the dinner menu. Too short and too traditional. We love to eat well on holiday and had the menu been longer and more exciting we would have happily stayed in to eat every night. As it was we ventured out to the city in search of variety and invention.

The rooms, again partly covered but worth a longer mention. Gorgeous, in a word. Ace aircon, super comfy beds, great bathrooms (the boys was especially cool), a neat little lounge area, everything sparkling clean.

Gym, didn't use it (pfft) but it had all the kit.

The spa, oh my the spa. How to describe the tonic massage. The woman who administered it had small hands that seemed to be made of soft, flexible steel. It was incredible. It felt like I lost about five years of stress and tension from my whole body. The most incredible massage I have ever had. Imagine your spine turned into rubber, your muscles into jelly and you get a sense for how relaxed both my wife and I were afterwards. I honestly would go back to Tigmiza just for that massage. The range of treatments is comprehensive. Really, I could have stayed in there all day.

And finally, the staff. You could put this staff in a flea pit broken down shack in some far off corner of the planet and I swear it'd feel like the best hotel you'd ever visited. This is a brilliant hotel any way you look at it but the staff, through their every action and intention make it extra special.

This is an amazing place, it's new so it doesn't have so many trip advisor reviews yet. Well, you can safely ignore that lack of quantity (but trust the quality) and you should because this place deserves to be busy, it deserves to be a huge success in what is a very crowded market.

One last thing to mention. On our trip we stayed in a Riad in the Medina, hired a tour guide, raced through the desert on dune buggies and ate at numerous restaurants. The one constant in all these things was Trip Advisor, more or less everyone asked us for a review. We use Trip Advisor a lot when we travel and so it's become my habit to write reviews myself and one thing I truly dislike is being asked to give a 5 star rating. Yet on this trip we were, many times. Consequently great places we would have reviewed well and extensively instead received a brief but fair review. The one place to explicitly ask us for a review who did not try to solicit a 5 star rating was Tigmiza. We were just asked for a review, "please tell us about your stay sir, we would really appreciate you letting us know what you thought." As I said, classy.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Andrew,
I would like to thank you also for your kind review as we are extremely sensitive to our guest's feedbacks. It has been such a pleasure to have you and your family among us.

Best regards

Been to Tigmiza - Suites & Pavillons? Share your experiences!