“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #580 of 1,040 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Durham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wonderful welcoming Riad. Picked us up from the airport and gave us the lowdown on the city (first visit for two female travellers). Really friendly family home, everyone was so helpful. They went the extra mile to make us feel welcome and provide everything we needed. Brilliant location just 10mins walk from the main square. Gave us information on trips and excursions and made an amazing tagine for us on our last day. Would recommend them to anyone! Ahhh I miss it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The guys here were like my brothers- gave me advice about the medina, stored my luggage, helped me with food, everything. Having a great place like this really made me a lot more at ease about being a female, alone, first time in Morocco. I will always stay here in Marrakech, I loved it so much.

The dorm is very nice and a great price, and when I came back from the desert with some others in tow, they negotiated us a great price for another room as the dorm was full. I feel like this place is always willing to go out of their way to make your stay great, plus they're always making tea! When I left early to go to the airport, they left breakfast in a safe place for me in the kitchen.

You guys are amazing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This lovely riad is located in a relatively safe area and only around 7 mins to Jamal El Fna. The staff (Jawad and Zaid) were really helpful and friendly, and their tajine was the second best tajine I had in Morocco! (the best one was the one we had in the desert :p). At first, me and my friend planned to stay in this riad only for our first nights in Morocco but then we didn't want to hassle ourselves by looking another riad (which we don't know good or not! we are girls don't want to take any risk :p) so we came back twice after desert tour and before we went back home. Definitely recommend this riad to anyone who will visit Marrakech!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Riad Fantasia is such a great welcoming hostel and I felt right at home upon arrival. Marrakech is a pretty full on place and this being my first visit it was nice to stay somewhere with friendly staff and happy like-minded travellers. The riad is about a 10 minute walk from the main square but I always enjoyed walking through the bustling streets to reach the souks and centre of the medina.

The riad has a very authentic Moroccan feel and was neat, tidy and super affordable. The staff were always obliging and willing to assist with booking tours or anything else to make you feel comfortable. Breakfast is included which features bread.....bread......and then for dessert some more bread. The staff were more than happy to whip up a mint tea for you too (which i could never say no to!).

In all, I had a fantastic 5 night stay and was sorry to leave.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Excellent, friendly, beautiful riad in Marrakech where the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The final night of my stay saw an entire mix of nationalities (Scottish, Italian, German, Lithuanian, American and of course Moroccan) sharing great food, a few beers, some stories and even some live music - an excellent end to my trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed for four nights here, very relaxing, delicious breakfast and we organised a 1 night sahara excursion which was great value and good fun. We also were cooked an amazing tagine by abdul. Was good knowing we could come back here after walking around in 45 degree heat all day.... Definately recommended

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
merosg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Found this place while walking towards another riad that ended up being closed, and this ended up being perhaps the highlight of our visit to Marrakech. The staff was very friendly, Abdul especially made sure we had a great time here, treated us like family. He was always serving up delicious Moroccan mint tea, offered us dates and even treated us to some dance lessons! He also taught some other guests how to make couscous. This definitely had a homey feel, ambient music playing in the morning and afternoon, delicious smelling dinners available, breakfast was good. They offered tours, but instead we went and visited some places on our own. The room was a very good size, decorated in Moroccan style, and there is a rooftop terrace with table and chairs, and a Berber tent style sitting area. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Fantasia Prestige? Share your experiences!