“A warm and friendly Moroccan gastro expereince” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #398 of 527 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
La Massana
“A warm and friendly Moroccan gastro expereince”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We were two couples and were actually staying at the Riad Dar Fakir, in the incredibly helpful and attentive hands of Kirstin Brand. Not only was that a wonderful experience but so was the food. The particular evening we stayed in for a meal, we had a set menu, which was not only very generous in content but extremely flavoursome and we were very well looked after. The decor and surroundings of the tables around the central fountain was very beautiful, cool and comfortable. It was a special evening, in a special place, in a special city.
Recommended without hesitation.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Ibiza, Islas Baleares, Spain
“I could fly back just for Lemon chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was staying in Dar fakir guesthouse for 5 days. Every morning I was greeted with freshly brewed coffee, fresh juice, homemade Moroccan bread, bread, pancakes....I actually had to demand less food!
I also took advantage of food that you can ordered from the menu as everything was so tempting. They have amazing cook in Dar Fakir that I was keen smuggling in my suitcase and taking her with me!
You cannot visit Marrakesh and not go and have Lemon chicken at Dar Fakir restaurant.
I was actually pleased that I was dining on my own as all the table manners went out of the window after first morsel....mmmmm noises, licking fingers, dipping bread in the sauce, sucking on succulent chicken...
I am a restaurant owner myself and frankly is not easy to please me...this time I was blown away.
Salivating just writing about it!
Oh, and I forgot to say that dining ambience is just lush! pleasant, intimate, beautifully litted,
Great chill out areas you can take advantage of after your dinner sipping on mint tea and topping it all with baklavas!
If you have any space left...

• Visited January 2012