“Home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Fagernes
“Home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

After visiting Riad Mirage, many times. It is like coming home every time. It is in a very good location. The people working ther are all great. It is clean, quiet, and the rooms are spacious. I can highly recomend it. Going back a fourth time, in eighteen months, very soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Singapore River, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We arrived in Marrakesh on NYE and had made arrangements with our tour company for dinner for 7 before hand as we knew it would be a problem with such a big group. We were recommended to have our celebration at our Riad and was quoted Euro 40 per pax which we agreed as we wanted to spend NYE in a comfortable setting and not have to deal with the crowds considering it was our first night in Marrakesh.
Upon arrival in the Riad we had confirmed this arrangement with the owner and was told dinner was at 9pm. Our party arrived at 9.05pm at the courtyard of the Riad to find out that they had not even prepared our table. We ended up standing for 15 minutes while the staff jostled around to put together a table for us while the owner continued to entertain what seemed to be like a private party for friends and family, all this with the background of a 4 piece band playing traditional music.
Finally our table was set (this was after we had to personally assist the staff) right next to the band as there was no other place! The band was incredibly loud considering the riad is not acoustically prepped for such loud noise, we could not even speak to each other or hear ourselves think for that matter. Considering the amount of money we were quoted for the dinner we were not explained whether dinner was buffet or set menu, we were not offered any beverages (while the private party had bottles of wine and champagne as well as canapes). We were served 2 bottles of water after being seated for 10 minutes.
We finally gave up when the band harassed us for money in exchange for them entertaining us which is completely ridiculous. At this point we spoke to the owner and requested for them to assist us in finding an alternative restaurant , but of course by then everywhere else was booked.
We finally walked out of the riad and looked for our own place to celebrate NYE and by then it was close to 10 and food was still not being served.
The awful experience didn't end there, we came back to the riad at 1.30am after the celebration to find a much quieter riad as most people had left, however, 10 minutes later as we were about to sleep the owners decided to have the band play more music! We had to complain and request for it to stop as it was totally insensitive for the owners to just do as they please when they have paying guests.
The next morning when we checked out, the owner did not even acknowledge us and breakfast was not even offered to us.
This is by far the worst hospitality experience i have ever experienced in my life and I am an avid traveler and work in the hospitality industry as well. I would not recommend any traveler to stay at this riad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Located right off of Jemaa el Fna, this Riad was bright and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was very good and beds were clean and comfortable. It was hidden in a dark alley way which wasn't ideal, but we felt safe enough. The breakfast was delicious and it had a lovely roof terrace. Google maps gives the wrong location so consult another map if trying to locate it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed in this wonderful riad for 3 nights before heading into the mountains and desert of Morocco. Sure, the rooms are nice and the location is perfect from where to explore Marrakech, but my experience could not have been more wonderful had it not been for the lovely, warm and kind-hearted Amina who also cooked the most delicious Moroccan dishes. And to top this - she also scrubbed me clean and polished in the riad's hammam. The lady is multi-talented! Kudos to Monique and Ayoub who all made sure I had a pleasant stay. Thanks Amina for the special 'gift' - you are awesome!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My sister and I have just come back from staying in this Riad, from the moment of booking, an instant welcoming email, transfers to and from the airport included. The staff and Monique could not have done more, they were so helpful and so pleasant, nothing was too much trouble. We ate in the first night and the food was great, the breakfast was plentiful, continental style, lovely fresh juice and big pot of coffee. Our room was great, with air con, which was still definitely needed at the end of september, we had a hair dryer and the bathroom came equipped with towels and soaps and moisturiser (for those on luggage restriction) it was cleaned daily. We had breakfast each morning on the roof terrace and would while away the afternoon soaking up the rays up there, sun loungers, towels, cushions and sun hats provided. Monique may not speak too much english but she does understand and she's very entertaining and will have a good go. A really lovely place to stay, a short walk (5 mins) to main square, great place to get away from the hustle and bustle, would thoroughly recommend. My top tip, if you want to get away from the souks to shop, instead of turning right by the Spa sign to return to Riad Mirage, carry on along that little street, there's some really lovely shops without the hassle.

Room Tip: All the rooms from what I saw looked quite similar but decorated individually
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me and 3 of my friends spent 3 nights in is amazing little Riad. In here we were treated like Moroccan princesses. The decor and cleanliness of the place are impeccable.
The terrace and central patio give the Riad an air of calm and quiet that feels great in such a loud and fast city as Marrakech.
We had breakfast included with our room rate, and let me tell you, it was like a royal breakfast. They even went out of their way to have some fruit ready for us as we petitioned for it.
The owner Monique and all of her staff give such personalized attention to their guests, that we almost felt like we came home to our family every night.
When me and my friends commented we wanted to get henna tattoos. , they even offered to call a friend who would do it better and at better price that at the plaza; and that could come and do it at the Riad. We felt this attention was the cherry on top of our stay here.
I recommend the Riad a 100% to anyone staying in Marrakech.
PS. They mostly speak French so make sure you know a little so it is easy to communicate.
Also the room size is pretty small, but so clean and well organized that you don't need anything else. Just don't expect a huge room ;).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Myself and 3 friends stayed here week, and couldn't have enjoyed our stay any more than we did. I reserved 2 rooms, and Monique (though not speaking English,) gave us a warm greeting and showed us to our rooms. The A/C unit in the room I was staying in was not working, and seeing as it was the middle of August, it was going to be a big problem. Monique transferred us to another room without any hesitation.

Ayoub, who handles the night shift, was the man! I was dealing with a bad cough I had gotten a few days before, and he helped me brew up some eucalyptus tea so I could try and get a good nights rest. Something that wasn't on the menu at the Riad. I'm pretty sure he ran out to the market and got some for me.

I'm sure we were being loud obnoxious American's at times during our stay, but the whole staff was incredibly hospitable, and sincere in trying to make the stay as pleasant as possible for us. (Ayoub's mom cooks for the Riad, and we were able to convince her to make us an amazing Kefta tagine for breakfast the morning we left! Cost us about 200 Dirhams. It was so incredibly delicious.)

Next time I'm in Marrakech, I won't think twice about where I will be staying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Mirage? Share your experiences!