“Magical stay in Riad Mirage” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Mirage

You added Riad Mirage to your Saves list
Riad Mirage
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenaria, Derb Sidi Boulafdail No10 | Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #132 of 478 Hotels in Marrakech
Mexico City, Mexico
“Magical stay in Riad Mirage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me and 3 of my friends spent 3 nights in is amazing little Riad. In here we were treated like Moroccan princesses. The decor and cleanliness of the place are impeccable.
The terrace and central patio give the Riad an air of calm and quiet that feels great in such a loud and fast city as Marrakech.
We had breakfast included with our room rate, and let me tell you, it was like a royal breakfast. They even went out of their way to have some fruit ready for us as we petitioned for it.
The owner Monique and all of her staff give such personalized attention to their guests, that we almost felt like we came home to our family every night.
When me and my friends commented we wanted to get henna tattoos. , they even offered to call a friend who would do it better and at better price that at the plaza; and that could come and do it at the Riad. We felt this attention was the cherry on top of our stay here.
I recommend the Riad a 100% to anyone staying in Marrakech.
PS. They mostly speak French so make sure you know a little so it is easy to communicate.
Also the room size is pretty small, but so clean and well organized that you don't need anything else. Just don't expect a huge room ;).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Myself and 3 friends stayed here week, and couldn't have enjoyed our stay any more than we did. I reserved 2 rooms, and Monique (though not speaking English,) gave us a warm greeting and showed us to our rooms. The A/C unit in the room I was staying in was not working, and seeing as it was the middle of August, it was going to be a big problem. Monique transferred us to another room without any hesitation.

Ayoub, who handles the night shift, was the man! I was dealing with a bad cough I had gotten a few days before, and he helped me brew up some eucalyptus tea so I could try and get a good nights rest. Something that wasn't on the menu at the Riad. I'm pretty sure he ran out to the market and got some for me.

I'm sure we were being loud obnoxious American's at times during our stay, but the whole staff was incredibly hospitable, and sincere in trying to make the stay as pleasant as possible for us. (Ayoub's mom cooks for the Riad, and we were able to convince her to make us an amazing Kefta tagine for breakfast the morning we left! Cost us about 200 Dirhams. It was so incredibly delicious.)

Next time I'm in Marrakech, I won't think twice about where I will be staying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

stayed here for a few nights and it was perfect. the staff was incredibly kind and helpful. rooms were clean and air conditioned. the location was a few minutes from the square. the terrace also had a jaccuzzi and was perfect for sunbathing. i would definitely recommend this riad to anyone staying marrakesh.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

If I was supposed to point out an opportunity area, i would have to give up... all great, and the service outstanding.

The rooms are cozy, the decoration and facilities very traditional and clean, and the terrace is outstanding.

Thanks for your hosting.

Elisa and Ignacio
*stayed in Apr-13

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The riad is a true Oasis, it's a traditional Moroccan place which definitely gives you a better experience and authentic taste of Marrakech. Very central too, only 3 minutes walk to the main square. We were greeted with Morrocan tea and biscuits on our arrival, the riad can also arrange for transportation from and to the airport. My friend and I stayed in the twin room "Evasion", though the beds are small we had a very comfortable stay. Monique and her team were so lovely to us. We booked an outing day trip and had to leave the riad by 7am, we didn't expect to be served breakfast but Monique made special arrangements just for us!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Definitely the nicest place we stayed at in Morocco. The Riad is fabulous, a very beautiful and authentic Moroccan place to stay. Monique and her husband are beautiful hosts and make very tasty Moroccan tea. They treat you like family and the staff are also wonderful. The rooms were amazing, very clean and spacious, and the air-conditioning was incredible in 50 degree heat!! They prepared a beautiful dinner and breakfast every morning, and the WiFi had a great signal in every single room. Not to mention the roof top spa and tanning deck - I could rave about this place for ages!! The Riad was only a short walk from the main square and some great restaurants. I miss it already! I could not recommend it more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This riad is a beautfully appointed haven just a few minutes walk fom the central square. The rooms are clean and cool ( great air conditioning), Monique and her team are gracious hosts, who despite the language barriers still attended to all our needs. We were served very nice breakfast and had a delicious evening meal our first night there. I also took advantage of the hammam which was also at the riad. Overall a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Riad Mirage? Share your experiences!