“Do not stay anywhere else!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Mirage
Kenaria, Derb Sidi Boulafdail No10 | Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #59 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Brisbane, Australia
“Do not stay anywhere else!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Definitely the nicest place we stayed at in Morocco. The Riad is fabulous, a very beautiful and authentic Moroccan place to stay. Monique and her husband are beautiful hosts and make very tasty Moroccan tea. They treat you like family and the staff are also wonderful. The rooms were amazing, very clean and spacious, and the air-conditioning was incredible in 50 degree heat!! They prepared a beautiful dinner and breakfast every morning, and the WiFi had a great signal in every single room. Not to mention the roof top spa and tanning deck - I could rave about this place for ages!! The Riad was only a short walk from the main square and some great restaurants. I miss it already! I could not recommend it more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This riad is a beautfully appointed haven just a few minutes walk fom the central square. The rooms are clean and cool ( great air conditioning), Monique and her team are gracious hosts, who despite the language barriers still attended to all our needs. We were served very nice breakfast and had a delicious evening meal our first night there. I also took advantage of the hammam which was also at the riad. Overall a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just back from a very special place, Riad Mirage. From the minute Ayoub met us at Jemaa el-Fna until he took us back across the square on our last day, we all knew we would return one day to Marrakech and that the visit would be back to the Mirage. This is a lovely riad, with amazing staff, and beautifully appointed rooms. Nothing is any trouble and despite Monique not speaking a lot of English this was never a problem with our knowledge of school days French! If we wanted anything, we asked and we received. Ayoub, Amina the cook's son, was the loveliest boy and would sit with us 3 middle aged women at night and chat away about everything under the sun. I can't recommend this place highly enough. I can't understand why people would want to spend so much money on somewhere like La Mammounia. A big, impersonal pretentious place, when you have this gem of a place in the heart of the Medina. I know where I'd rather stay. Keep up the good work Monique, Chiref, Amina and Ayoub. I hope to return very soon. Inshallah.

Room Tip: Our room, Room 5 was very good and quiet but as there were only six rooms, I cannot see that there w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tetouan, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

There are riads and there are riads. From the moment you walk through the door of Riad Mirage, you enter into a world of calmness, serenity and simple elegance.

I arrived late, 00:30hrs, with a cold & very tired; my stay here had been arranged by Rough Tours who contacted them on my arrival and despite the hour, I was cheerfully met outside the medina by Aziz the night manager, to accompany me to the riad. As I was to spend 3 nights here, the next day I chose to totally relax, starting with a late breakfast on the roof terrace; breakfasts consist of msemen & beghrir (moroccan pancakes) fresh bread, croissant, choice of confitures, cheese, coffee and fresh orange juice.

Two hours later I was luxuriating in one of the best hammams I have had in Morocco, followed by a massage which literally turned me into liquid. I also arranged to dine in that evening and after a further couple of hours, enjoyed an excellent harira accompanied by dates, eggs & bread and a relaxing glass of Moroccan rose on the terrace.

Monique, her husband & staff are all delightful; you feel totally at home within their home; nothing is too much trouble. Each morning or evening I would be asked how I was feeling; was there anything I needed.

This elegant riads’ decor has a soft grey marble floored courtyard, crisp white walls, burgundy drapes in various shades throughout. Bedrooms have crisp white linen embroided in traditional cross-stitch design in red, the bathrooms have soft white towels embossed in red with the riads’ initials and beautiful toiletries.

The riad is very easy to find within the medina; just a five minute walk from Djemaa el-Fna

My stay was just perfect. I highly recommend Riad Mirage.
I also recommend RoughTours who arranged my stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very nice and beautiful Riad near the square. The owner Monique was very friendly and helpful and so are the staffs there. Even though they did not speak much english, but they are always there to help with any problems and arranging tours. Monique arranged a day tour for us around Marrakech, the tour guide spoke very good english and showed us all the tourist attractions and the souks. She also made sure that we were safe around media or where we go(as we were two girls travelling on our own for the first time in morocco). The rooms were cleaned everyday, clean bathroom with very nice toiletries and clean towels. We didnt hear any of the prayer calls while we stayed at the hotel which is a plus as we thought they would be very loud. Breakfast was very nice, we had moroccan crepes, fresh orange juice from their tree in the courtyard and there was a variety of teas. We had a meal on the last day before we left for the airport, Amina made couscous and it was amazing compared to the other places where we had couscous. Overall, I felt very homey when staying there with Monique and her staff's caring, I will definitely come back again when I go to Marrakech.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was by far the nicest Riad we stayed in during our time in Morocco. The rooms were stunning and cleaned daily. The attention to detail was really pleasing. The bathroom was gorgeous! Lovely clean towels, nice toiletries and above all it was huge!

The staff were really helpful and lovely. They didn't speak much English and our French is terrible but we had little chats all the same and they did everything they could to help us.

The roof terrace is stunning. Not much of a view but this means its very private. The sun loungers are very comfortable so you can sun bathe in luxury. There is also a jacuzzi which we didn't use but the location on the roof would be amazing.

The breakfast is lovely and you can eat it whenever you want! So if you have an early start one day like we did, it's no problem for them to serve you early. Also, if you fancy a lie in you won't miss breakfast! You can also eat on the roof terrace which is a lovey way to start the day.

They even picked us up from the train station and took us to the airport which is very helpful as it can be quit hard to find your way through the medina when you first arrive. Location is also great. In medina and not far from the main square.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in this lovely Riad (4 minutes from the main square and the Souks) for four nights and would have stayed another 40 if only that would have been possible.

The owners picked us up at the airport, welcomed us with fresh spearmint tea, showed us our room - super cozy, oriental and modern at the same time, fresh flowers and fruits, mattrasses perfect, great natural soaps and body oil in the spacious bathroom. We loved everything about it - from the very start to the last minute.

Try the great cuisine of Amina - her Couscous is the best in town; her Tanjia is worth a poem. They have a Hammam inhouse, which we tried and - you might guess it - it was just marvelous. Monique will help you with all things you're up to in the city, has great Moroccan wine to offer (have it on the terrace!) and she even managed to send me back my sunglasses, which I left there.

If you're lucky and they have a free room, go for it. You really won't regret it!

PS: If you don't like to bargain for Moroccan products in the Souks - ask for the craftsman market (where prices are fixed - and the lowest in town!!).

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Riad Mirage? Share your experiences!