“Simply The Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 1,031 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Simply The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We found this riad through a recommendation. We were simply wowed by the place. The riad was stunning and Nelly, the owner, was great. She was very warm and accomodating. The location is very close to the market and going back to the riad was simple and easy. We wish we could have stayed longer. The riad made our vacation memorable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Book at Riad Vanillasma before everyone finds out about it and it gets fully booked. Discovered Riad Vanillasma through a referral and our family loved our stay. Newly opened, the riad is modern, tastefully decorated and so close to Jemma El Fna.
Nelly our host and the staff were so helpful and warm. Nelly even accompanied us when we arrived and took us around the souk which was very much appreciated.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

The owner, Nelly was a lovely host and really looked after me during my stay. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Marrakech.

• Stayed December 2011
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Behind the simple front door is a stunningly restored riad. The decor is fantastic and has been clearly been carefully thought through. Close to Jemma el Fna but quiet and tranquil. The staff and owner were brilliant. We arrived as guests and left as friends.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

A very modern, beautifully decorated riad. Very clean and comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff and owner, and very reasonably priced too, especially with kids. The pool in the foyer gives a air of calm. Only a few minutes walk from car parking and the Jemma el Fna.

• Stayed February 2012
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

One of my favourite holidays ever due to the charm and warmth of the Riad and the fabulous staff.
We stayed at this riad in January and we are planning to go back - just cannot wait! The quiet elegance of this riad was a true refuge from the sometimes overwhelming intensity of the medina. We were struck by the authentic hospitality of so many of the staff and we enjoyed delightful meals. Merci....and see you soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hi there! A friend of mine told you about riad Vanilla'sma while I was planning traveling to Morocco. I must say that Vanilla SMA is was a perfect riad for me! It has real american Standarts!...It is so stylish and romantic! I got so curious to find out the story behind this MARVELOUS Bed and Breakfast place so I talked to the owner and she told me that she is a French American who felt in love with the Medina and Morocco and dreammed about building her dreams in this place. while I stayed in this place, I felt so touched by every single detail. One can tell that the owner, "Nelly", as people called her, really put lots of good energy and good taste in this Riad.
This place is very close to the square. very neat and clean, people are very nice and professionnal Employees are very customer service oriented and I loved it! I felt at home. The food to die for....I had breakfast quantity and quality. I actually had real orange squize juice, dinner Tajine vegetarian, a delicious mmm chicken with almond and dessert.
Personnel was discret and helpful. They also helped me by advising me places to go and visit in the Medina. I went to a day tour in Essaouira ( beach/eat fish and nice medina) and Valley L'ourika with its waterfalls..ahhhh!!! I can't wait to go back!
I really recommend this Bed and Breakfast, it is A MUST!!
I want to specially thank the cook: Fatima, help lady: Rhadija, Night guard: mustafa (very very professonal, i felt very safe there), and to the owner : Zee Nelly. She is very down to earth lady, approachable, smart lady. Shw is a delight to be around. Thank you guys! You made my vacation a dream come true!! I give this Riad 10 starts if I could! Thumbs up!!!!!!
Dina Duarte
in San Diego.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Vanilla sma? Share your experiences!