“Good, Clean, Central.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Hotel Marrakech

Save Saved
You added Red Hotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Red Hotel Marrakech
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Avenue Med V et Hassan ll, Gueliz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #263 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good, Clean, Central.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here in February with my partner for a 5 night stay. Weren't expecting the 'Ritz' as we only paid about £130 each (including flights & transfers) but must say we were pleasantly surprised!
Hotel was clean and modern, and room was a good size with a big comfy bed. Breakfast was great - a lot better than expected. One thing I was a little disappointed with was that we had no balcony, although they did offer to switch our room when they could (about 3 days into our stay) but I couldn't be bothered as I realised I didn't really mind that much!
It was centrally located, right near the main train station (with KFC!!!)
Unfortunately the top terrace wasn't open when we were there, but the main pool area was lovely - clean and comfy. Quite happy sat drinking my mint tea!!!
Can't fault our hotel or the staff. One thing I would say is don't bother taking high heels and fancy footwear - the road and streets leave a lot to be desired!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask when booking if you want a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my partner stayed here in July 2014, this was a surprise trip for me which we also got engaged!
My partner got a very good deal which included breakfast, a trip, the room and flights.... he was very apprehensive as it did not cost a lot at all!
On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and polite, we got a nice room which was on level 2 and we thought we might hear the nightclub... didn't hear one sound!
I would recommend the mountain trip (3 hours to get there and back) was beautiful, camels are a waste of time and did not like the way they hit them!
hotel is CENTRAL and cabs are very cheap.... you need to BARTER a cost!
We had a massage in the OPERA hotel opposite and was absolutely amazing!
Only a few problems on our overall trip, however we would more than likely return to this hotel again! issues are as follows:
1. Due to being engaged we had ordered a bottle of champagne a night... a lot of money in £ and their currency. One night we ordered food that came out wrong, we then had to re-order in which came out wrong again! at this point I had given up and just wanted to eat what I had been given! we had ordered the most expensive bottle of champagne when we sat down at the table...... this arrived AFTER we had eaten our food...... we had asked for it straight away.
I do not like the fact the staff do not understand simple English, we had spent a larger sum of money at the service was awful. I would understand if the bar was busy but it was not!
The manager then approached us and asked my partner to have a word in private..... informed that they could not deduct the wrong food from the bill (he was the manager), complained again and told them we were not paying for the food! manager said his boos was in in the morning and assured us he would speak to us...NOPE! even though we saw him and he defiantly knew who we was..... we were not approached! now to me this is disgusting and customer service is not their strong point! on this evening it was ruined and we were trying to celebrate!
2. The bar in the other hotel is so much nicer! the cocktails they offer was lovely.... our bar was not the comparison was great! also our bar did not offer near as many cocktails!
3. A bottle of water at our bar was much more expensive than on the other side in the hotel! if you are going to stay here it is honestly worth walking another 20 steps to save money!
4. Internet.... free wifi is actually in the lobby! not in room.. well it did not work for us! I would defiantly recommend not using phones anyway as it costs so much in data!

Apart from the one evening we had a beautiful time and I would come back as the other issues you can work around!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pleasant stay, hotel nice clean, breakfast super. Good budget hotel.
Negative experience with excursion to The Atlas mountains, Ourika Valley.

Misled with wrong information about the trip, worst excursion ever! when complained staff delayed the process making excuses and then saying it is not their problem we need to contact the company. Even though we paid directed to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Ok, first of all I hate giving bad reviews and and Understand standards in other countries are different than back home, but these are the problems we encountered at this hotel.

We arrived at 10pm at night with my 6 year old son to be told we weren't booked in???? I showed them my paperwork but staff, although polite, were not really interested in helping. In the end I had to pay another 900 Dirham (around 90 quid) to stay, even though we had booked...we were all squeezed into a small double bed for the night.

Next morning staff were totally uninterested and I had to ring UK travel company as they apparently didn't allow international calls from hotel reception which resulted in very expensive phone bill. Travel company sorted it out eventually but despite paying for a big triple room they bought up a fold up bed to squeeze in the room..we were too tired to argue as it was so stressful. Not once did we see the manager in spite of requests to see.him..notably, the restaurant manager was very kind in assisting us, his name was Jamal, please take customer care training from him, hotel manager.

Pool was lovely, probably best part, bar snacks were nice but very expensive, be warned. Pool staff tried to charge us twice for food which was annoying but again it was sorted out...could not recommend this hotel at all as there were Other hotels that were much cheaper and I'm sure we would have had more helpful staff and much less stress.

• Stayed August 2014
south of england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Romantic weekend booked but sadly our experience was less than romantic. Be warned the roof top pool is closed. There was no internet available in the hotel throughout our weekend. The advertised bar is actually the bar for the adjoining hotel (opera). They only accept local currency and we were unable to get any cash on Sunday, we tried over six local cash machines were out of cash. Hotel staff were unable to help or offer any solution. Whilst they were not openly rude they were not at all helpful. We asked for two pillows (two are provided and we like two each) it took two further visits to reception to be told they only have one spare which was duly delivered! Our room. I have no words to give our room due credit. The double bed is made with a double sheet (lengthwise) the foot of the bed is covered by the mattress protector only which is clearly never changed yuk... The towels were not useable, visibly dirty, shredded and old, thank goodness we took our own pool towels. The dust in our room was such that we had to use our suitcase. No safe means taking your valuables with you as I wouldn't trust the hotel staff at all. Breakfast was ok but staff and guests all use their hands which put us of the Buffett style. Hotel is used predominantly by French and Moroccan's who all seem to favour this eating style. Pool is ok nice and big, shame the area is shared by two hotels, there are not enough sun beds so the cushions are used by those when there are no beds so you lay cheek by jowl. Surrounding area stank and the broken pavements make walking hazardous along with the habitual roadworks which mean you are walking in the road against totally mad driving. The medina- if you are into monkeys dragged by the chains which are attached to their necks then you are in for a treat. Made me want to cry it was also very sad to see the horses with no feed or water. Do not book this hotel, however if you are desperate to visit Marrakech find somewhere else to stay you have been warned!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I visited Red Hotel in July with 2 friends and we loved it. The breakfast buffet was great with a variety of hot and cold foods to choose from, as well as freshly cooked pancakes on offer. Although Marrakech is a beautiful city, I would not recommend it to other groups of young women (my friends and I are all 20 years old) as we often felt uneasy outside of the hotel and found the process of getting a taxi (and crossing their roads!) very stressful. We found all of the staff in the hotel to be very friendly and always happy to help (even with things such as changing notes for different denominations). We had some problems with our key becoming demagnetised, but the staff addressed this by giving us spare keys to save us another journey to reception. Free wifi is available in the reception area and around the pool which was great. The poolside bar and restaurant offers an array of snacks and full meals for a reasonable price, although drinks are rather expensive. The hotel is well located, a 10 minute taxi journey from the main square which costs about £3 each way. Overall a very luxurious hotel with nice food, a wonderful pool and lovely rooms (and great aircon) - I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? I went here a week ago with a group of female friends and honestly I wish I had went to a better hotel:
Staff: unapologetic and unfriendly , laugh when you report an issue and maids steal drinks in room
A.Loubna the receptionist was the rudest of them all , never finding solution to problems and laughing at ones problems.

Wifi : this hotel claims to have wifi but me and my friends spent most of the holiday in McDonald's opposite the hotel in order to get wifi. There was even a man who complained after having been there a month and a half and only having wifi in total for a week

Cleanliness in room: very mediocre, had red ants in my bathroom , air con in room made whole room smell like sewers and there were times when maids forgot to give towels or even change pillow cases.

Food: breakfast there is so dead , wouldn't even class it as intercontinental ! Lacks beans, bacon , poached eggs and sausages. Found myself eating the runniest scrambled eggs with ham slices

Keys: the keys for the room stopped working every two to three hours which is Nnoying because I would get to my room , not able to get in so have to go back downstairs to get it re activated! So annoying ! They claim their keys get deactivated when next to phones , money and other keys, so where the hell does one put their room key then.
Honestly would say to anyone thinking of going here to consider going elsewhere because you will be truly disappointed
Do not be fooled by the fancy chandelier in the lobby

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Red Hotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!