“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Hotel Marrakech

You added Red Hotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Red Hotel Marrakech
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Avenue Med V et Hassan ll, Gueliz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #280 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Marrakech its amazing. The staff are welcoming, down to earth, helpful and it just adds to the holiday experience. The hotel is very cheap for what you get the rooms are clean and prestige looking the pool area is amazing and the outside shisha. You can only access wi fi free of charge in the reception but the reception is cosy. The location is very central with being 5-7 minutes drive away from the markets.

Room Tip: i didn't see the other rooms but i travelled with a friend and we choose the two single bed opti...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hi everyone, This is my first time to stay in a 3 Star hotel. when we first got there, the people were welcoming and everything was clean and modern. Checked in and was given our room keys. Disspointed when we were told that we had to pay LOCAL TAX, this was a bit of a shock especially when I called hotels4u in the UK and asked if we will occur extra charges upon checking in and was told we would not!!!! But anyway couldn't let that ruin our holiday.! Rooms were clean and lovely, Air Con was a bit poor, but got use to it in the end. We paid for breakfast, unfortunetley this was a huge disspointment, hardly any breakfast is served in the morning. Lets just say even though it is a 3 Star hotel, i expected just a little bit more that bowls of bread. The staff are lovely... Nordin and Jawad at Reception... lol We do miss you guys! Ibrahim the security, what a gentleman! - being on a girls holiday, never did we once felt unsafe there!!! They would call cabs for us and get everything sorted. The swimming pool we used was Opera Plaza Hotel, excellent facility. We loved the swimming pool there, I think that made our holiday. The rooms were always clean, wish they had a safety deposit box in each room. All in all I miss the Red Hotel. Thanks guys for giving us a memorable stay. In Sha Allah we will be back soon. Umayya & Sophie.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my boyfriend recently stayed at The Red Hotel and I wanted to leave a review, because we really enjoyed our week. I usually do not go to the trouble of writing reviews, but I felt the staff in particular Nordin deserved a mention as help, suggestions and quality customer service were always available. Even to the point that we saw Nordin on a night out and he took the trouble in his free time to come over and speak to us. The hotel was situated in a nice, lively area about thirty minutes walk away from the main square but you will be glad of the distance between the two. The hotel is reasonably priced, with comfortable stylish rooms and overall we had a very nice stay. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently stayed here with my daughter, and found it to be very clean and a great base for exploring Marrakech. The pool we shared with the hotel plaza was lovely and very well maintained.
The staff were very very helpful and friendly, especially Nordin on reception who helped us with places of interest etc and generally went out of his way to make us feel welcome.
I would return if I got the chance to and all in all I was very impressed.

Room Tip: In the middle so to look out onto the beautiful pool area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is worth the price however the rooms
Have no safety boxes and items go missing, the management do not do anything or reimburse stolen items which is unacceptable especially as you expect some level of responsiblity from them and safety

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The Red Hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. Free wifi in the lobby, attentive reception staff. It is attached to the more expensive Opera Plaza Hotel, which is fantastic as you use their incredible pool area and bar, relaxing shisha tent and 3 restaurants (international, morrocan and sushi). Although it is a 20-30 minute, straight forward walk from the chaos of the medina, this is a bonus!!! You are in the brilliant newer part of town - Gueliz. This boasts great restaurants, cafes, artisan markets, and was our favourite area of marrakech! A great value for money find, with the facilities of a more upmarket hotel!

Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Didnt book Red online. Last last minute travel meant I went with a known hotel name in booking; Ibis. Worst mistake of my travel life. Red hotel adjacent the Ibis qnd directly opposite the train station to the rescue! Nice clean hotel. Checked rooms out before checking out of Ibis and checking in. Good helpful staff if a tad too smooth was Abdessamad. Anyways paid upfront for my 5 nights and was in. Averqge room, clean bathroom. Called laundry and gave them clothes to iron. Beginning of bad mistake. They didnt have a collection form in room but I figured a supervisor and staff turned up to pick up my clothes so it should be alright, right? Wrong. They brought back my clothes next day with one precious new white Zara shirt Id just bought for my awards event gone! And they had the effontery to insist to me that I didnt give them the shirt! Was very piffed and sad and bad comms didnt help the matter. I didnt speak a word of French or arabic. Abdessamads terrible English could not cope with my situation. Asked to check their laundry with them after same supervisor who came with the laundry girl the day before and I had both searched my room together but no luck. They refused. Felt so bad. Made complaints to the manager (or was he really) and no joy. Shirt lost forever, what a shame.Very unhappy with the hotel.

Then had to check out 2 days before I was due cos my plans changed and they had the effontery to tell me they dont refund balances. So I am to lose my shirt and my balance??? No way!!! Insisted on full refund of balance and started making a scene. Eventually they agree to refund one and a half day cos our arguements had dragged time beyond midday! Was pretty mad and simply wanted to get off the property and catch up with the private jet ride back home I had just got. Rushed off but in the end missed my luxury non stop flight back home! What a great loss for me for choosing to stay at Red! Now I have to go look for another hotel to stay till i leave. Shame. Big shame on Red Hotel Marrakech!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Red if you are a light sleeper. Right in a busy area and noise from the road and the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business