“Fantastic pool area!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Hotel Marrakech

Save Saved
You added Red Hotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Red Hotel Marrakech
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Avenue Med V et Hassan ll, Gueliz, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #265 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
“Fantastic pool area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The Red Hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. Free wifi in the lobby, attentive reception staff. It is attached to the more expensive Opera Plaza Hotel, which is fantastic as you use their incredible pool area and bar, relaxing shisha tent and 3 restaurants (international, morrocan and sushi). Although it is a 20-30 minute, straight forward walk from the chaos of the medina, this is a bonus!!! You are in the brilliant newer part of town - Gueliz. This boasts great restaurants, cafes, artisan markets, and was our favourite area of marrakech! A great value for money find, with the facilities of a more upmarket hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Didnt book Red online. Last last minute travel meant I went with a known hotel name in booking; Ibis. Worst mistake of my travel life. Red hotel adjacent the Ibis qnd directly opposite the train station to the rescue! Nice clean hotel. Checked rooms out before checking out of Ibis and checking in. Good helpful staff if a tad too smooth was Abdessamad. Anyways paid upfront for my 5 nights and was in. Averqge room, clean bathroom. Called laundry and gave them clothes to iron. Beginning of bad mistake. They didnt have a collection form in room but I figured a supervisor and staff turned up to pick up my clothes so it should be alright, right? Wrong. They brought back my clothes next day with one precious new white Zara shirt Id just bought for my awards event gone! And they had the effontery to insist to me that I didnt give them the shirt! Was very piffed and sad and bad comms didnt help the matter. I didnt speak a word of French or arabic. Abdessamads terrible English could not cope with my situation. Asked to check their laundry with them after same supervisor who came with the laundry girl the day before and I had both searched my room together but no luck. They refused. Felt so bad. Made complaints to the manager (or was he really) and no joy. Shirt lost forever, what a shame.Very unhappy with the hotel.

Then had to check out 2 days before I was due cos my plans changed and they had the effontery to tell me they dont refund balances. So I am to lose my shirt and my balance??? No way!!! Insisted on full refund of balance and started making a scene. Eventually they agree to refund one and a half day cos our arguements had dragged time beyond midday! Was pretty mad and simply wanted to get off the property and catch up with the private jet ride back home I had just got. Rushed off but in the end missed my luxury non stop flight back home! What a great loss for me for choosing to stay at Red! Now I have to go look for another hotel to stay till i leave. Shame. Big shame on Red Hotel Marrakech!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Red if you are a light sleeper. Right in a busy area and noise from the road and the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had three nights at the Red Hotel. The staff were very friendly and always happy to help. You share the pool with the hotel next door but it is plenty big enough and towels were available and there was a lovely eating area. We found it very central as enjoy a walk and found the 20-30 minute walk to the Souks very enjoyable as found Marrakech fascinating to walk around. The only two things which have stopped me giving a five rating are:
1. No safe in the room although deposit box in reception but had to disturb reception staff to get in and out. Which they didn't mind but I felt boxes you can access yourself would be better.
2. The breakfast was continental which for three mornings was fine but a bit more choice would not go amiss.
Overall though I would definitely return and would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Red Hotel for one night before I flew out of Marrakesh the following day. The staff were pleasant and helpful enough. The room was clean but unusually dark in colour. The bathroom was immaculate. It is close to the airport and the staff were happy to help with organising a taxi to the airport for the following day. The bed was very comfy and clean. The ony downsides were that there were no locks on the windows - for a woman flying solo in a place like Morocco this made me feel unsafe, and the rooms don't seem to have sound barrier whatsoever. I was constantly awoken by people coming and going from their rooms. As the saying goes - you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Red Hotel was very welcoming,comfy and clean. Opposite the train station in Marrakesh and about a half hour walk from the souks and main square or ten min taxi ride. 10min by car from airport. If you like a hussle + bussel you will love this place. Just watching the traffic from your balcony is an experience : ) Staff at hotel are very friendly + helpful.

Room Tip: Meals in hotel are quite expensive but very nice. Rooms on higher levels are more quiet as there is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were a party of six and we were all pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The rooms were perfectly adequate - good size and comfortable beds and well cleaned every morning. The fact that you can use the facilities of the adjoining Opera Hotel is a fantastic bonus and we made full use of the poolside facilities. The reception staff also were extremely friendly and efficient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Antrim, N. Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My first time in Morocco so I didnt know what to expect. Transfer from airport was just 10 minutes and check-in was very quick and Saed the receptionist very efficient.

The bedroom was very dark but clean. We asked to change and while no rooms available that day we were given a great room on the top floor with our own terrace the following day.

We went to breakfast early but even though it was busy the plates were replenished quickly. The food was basic but plentiful. The restaurant Manager came to speak to us each morning to check if all was ok. I thought this was a lovely gesture.

The pool is fantastic. I saw a waiter dive in fully clothed to help a man who went out off his depth.

The location of the hotel is perfect for getting buses, trains or taxi to see beautiful Marrakesh. We went to Essonoura by bus (cost £14) and hired a taxi for the day, complete with guide to visit the Atlas Mountains. On the way back he bought us a little gift.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Red Hotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!