“A very wet but interesting tour!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 530 Activities in Marrakech
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Medina walking tour is a cultural, no shopping tour which takes you to hidden parts of Medina that 90% of visitors miss while in Marrakech.
“A very wet but interesting tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The rain did not ruin our walking tour of marrekech rashid haggled for an umbrella for us and away we went. His knowledge is excellent and we found him friendly and interesting. A good start to our trip which helped us relax around the madness of marrekech.

Famagusta, Cyprus
10 attraction reviews
“Medina of Marakesh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The best bazaar I have ever seen in Arab countries. Prices are not expensive subject you know how to bargain. Moroccon people are nice and friendly. Argan oil is genuine in most of the places and leather products are cheap in BAB DEBAGH section of Medina.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A brilliant introduction to Marrakesh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

As a first time visitor to Marrakesh with my husband and in-laws, I hugely enjoyed this walking tour with Rachid. He was extremely knowledgeable and most engaging. He was very attentive to our interests, and was able offer insight on much more than the souks themselves. A real gem of a guide, and a great way to begin a visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Extremely educational -- Rachid Bousselem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We couldn't have had a better tour guide than Rachid Bousselem, a true scholar and excellent tour guide. Rachid took my 20-year-old son, 75-year-old mother, and me on a walking tour of Marrakech, where we visited numerous cultural and historical sites. As my son is a college student of Arabic language and Middle East studies, Rachid concentrated on teaching my son about the history of Islam and intricacies of Arab society. My son learned so much from Rachid, it was like having a college lesson in a day. We also signed up for the Ourrika waterfalls hike and the trip to Essaouira, which were highlights of our Morocco stay. Rachid and our driver Omar were superb, very attentive to our needs and anxious to teach us everything about Morocco. I especially appreciated that Rachid's tour of the market was focused on the history, organization, and commercial practices of the more than 5,000 shops there. Rachid explained up front that the tour was not a shopping tour -- and we had no desire to shop while he was teaching us about the souk. (We went back later, on our own, to shop, and had no hassles whatsoever. Shopping on our own was a very enjoyable experience.) I highly recommend Rachid -- he made our trip to Morocco a truly adventurous and memorable experience, and I cannot wait to return and hire Rachid to take us to the desert for our next excursion!

Caterham, United Kingdom
“Three first time visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I booked the tour after reading reviews on this site. We had an afternoon tour on our second full day. In some respects this was better for us as we had already explored the souks and found our way around generally. The tour was interesting and informative and it was wonderful to have no shopping attached. Rachid was a very knowledgable and enthusiatic guide who explained aspects of the history and culture that helped put the modern city into context. He was also attentive to our interests, taking time to answer all of our questions. Would highly recommend this tour.