“Hidden splendour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 536 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Dar Najat's Kitchen-"best home made gastronomy in Marrakech"New restaurant, part of the Riad Dar Najat. Traditional Moroccan food, reservations accepted the day before or before two o'clock for the same day.Cheers!dar najat's team. PLEASE, BE KIND TO REACH ME BACK ON THE MAIL PROVIDED for any booking or on phone.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hidden splendour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I emailed the restaurant the morning of our visit to book, following such good reviews on here. We weren't disappointed!

We arrived a little early before the restaurant opened, as it's ramadan, the owners were still finishing eating (they did tell us this) Despite us feeling rude about not realising how early we were, we were warmly greeted and guided to the top floor seated area. Its truly lovely! We sipped mint tea in the beautiful surroundings of the rhiad before being called down to the lower level roof terrace for dinner. The set menu very reasonable at around £25 The starters were a lovely mixture of moroccan salad, garlic green beans, aubergine, and courgettes all delicious in their own way..large portions too. Mains were a choice of lemon chicken or lamb and prune tagine served with vegetables and rice. Betweeb the three of us there was a lot of food! Both chicken and lamb were beautiful. Dessert was fruit with cinnamon. .delicious and light. I'd definitely recommend as its such good food; friendly and cosy. Not necessarily just for couples, I was with two female friends and we had a lovely evening!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Burgos, Spain
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Last night we went for dinner and it was excellent, fresh food vegetables to die for and meat of exceptional quality. The cook is a five star!! Service and atmosphere is relaxing and very cool. To be recommend as one of the best in Marrakech for sure!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England
“2nd best dinner in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Booked on strength of TA reviews and were not disappointed, even though my wife and I were the only diners that evening. The quality of the food was excellent, bettered only by that in the Riad in which we were staying (Riad Badi) and far better than other much more expensive restaurants like Le Foundouk and Al Fassia Agudal. We both had the Kafta Tajine as our main course and a bottle of good local red wine. The owner was a perfect host and even the chef/cook stopped to ask if everything was OK before she left for the evening.

We looked for the restaurant during the daytime and, perhaps we were lucky, but found it quite simple to locate, perhaps 10 minutes walk from Jemaa El Fna. One of the staff offered to walk us back to Jemaa El Fna as we were leaving, which was very kind but not needed.

As an aside: the two best quality meals we had in Marrakech were in small Riads were you had to order the food a day in advance. Being small, the Riads did not have a lively restaurant ‘buzz’ but the food quality made the other, more expensive restaurant meals appear very average in comparison. My advice would be to eat here, your own Riad, or somewhere similar at least once in Marrakech just to see what you may otherwise miss.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Great terrace, food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked this restaurant after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and because it had a terrace. I rang to book and they have someone there who speaks great English which always helps. You book your set menu before going - we both chose to have the lamb.
The restaurant sent someone to meet us in the medina and take us to there, which is always a help with the confusing streets! When we arrived, we went to the upper part of the terrace and had a drink before sitting at our table on the main terrace for dinner. The terrace was lovely and decorated with a variety of colourful flowers, though small with only 4 tables.
First we had the starter which is 4 different dishes to share - all huge but delicious; save some room for the main! The aubergine starter was particularly incredible - I wish we had got the recipe for it. I could've eaten a huge bowl for my main course! The lamb tagine for our main was also great, and we had mint tea to follow this.
The whole meal, including 2 courses, water, mint tea and fresh orange juice for 2 people came to 500 Dirhams.
The service was also great, the waiter was incredibly friendly. We had a slight problem that when we tried to pay he had disappeared and lady left there spoke no English at all and didn't even understand the international sign for bill! She had to ring someone who didn't speak English but luckily I speak enough French to find out the total amount. A tiny hiccup in the evening which didn't affect our enjoyment in the slightest, but it might be worth making sure you can communicate enough to get the bill if the waiter disappears!
I would absolutely recommend going here - just make sure like all places with a terrace that you take something to wrap up in in the evenings, as it's cool once the sun goes down.

Visited June 2013
Ottenbach, Switzerland
“Excellent kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a few possibilities to eat during my stay in Marrakech. I ate for instance also in one of the food corner on Djemma El Fna. I assume, you simply can't compare to the quality I got in Dar Najat's Kitchen. Even here in Switzerland, the standard of the kitchen would be around 14/15 Gault Millau Points. This by the way, for an absolute fair price. As a man with almost 90 Kilos, I could never eat, what they brought me to my table. The presentation of the food is really nice - the surrounding so romantic. You also get everything to drink, what you need for a nice lunch or dinner. As I slept over there, the breakfast is not tremendous, but you get everything you need with starting from fresh Orange Juice, to omelette, crepe, pain au chocolat, bread and butter, jam and good coffee. For dinner, try the couscous - you will dream about it like I still do ...

Visited May 2013