“almost un rateable it was that good” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 700 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Dar Najat's Kitchen-"best home made gastronomy in Marrakech"New restaurant, part of the Riad Dar Najat. Traditional Moroccan food, reservations accepted the day before or before two o'clock for the same day.Cheers!dar najat's team. PLEASE, BE KIND TO REACH ME BACK ON THE MAIL PROVIDED for any booking or on phone.
London, United Kingdom
“almost un rateable it was that good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We even managed to find this place in the day as in most cases they send an escort to show you where it is. The food was equisite. The textures and flavours were incredible. I wasnt expe ting food like this after the normal fare in morrocco but this opened my eyes.. The service was second To none and very friendly. I really couldnt recommend this place enough. I think they also have rooms there and if I went for a weekend to marrakesh I would stay there.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rob1974_12

London, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite experiences of Marrakech!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Without sounding like a complete cliche - this is a dinner not to be missed in Marrakech.

The food was simply delicious. We cleared the plates of all of the starters, barely leaving space for the main...but the tagines were so succulent and tastey we cleared these too! The beef fell off the fork and the chicken was the best we'd had in marrakech by a mile. Barely being able to move we cleared (most of) the dessert and all washed down with moroccan tea after.

The service impeccable. Our host Momo deserves a special mention here - attentive, friendly, chatly and warming all without being over the top. Excellent value for money at 250dirham each for a 3 course meal.

You could spend days looking for a 'decent' restaurant and never knowing which review to trust - trust this one!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Cassie S
Hamburg, Germany
“Super delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

In March me and a friend stayed 4 days at Riad Dar Najat in Marrakech and for the last evening we decided to have dinner at Dar Najat.
The food has been outstandingly good - the best I ever had in Morocco after being there already three times. The location is very nice and inviting. As starters we got served some kind of Moroccan tapas which were super tasty. And the main course? I'm dying for it! We ordered lamb tagine with almonds and plums... Just for the dinner I'm willing to visit Dar Najat once again.
Only advise to you planning to go there, is: ENJOY! You will love it for sure.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Annemone4881
Munich
“High quality food, great atmosphere and a very nice service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had great night out at Dar Narjats kitchen. The place itself is not easy to find, however they offer to pick you up at the Cafe de France at the Jemma el Fna. We had an aperitive in the patio of the roof top terrace, went down to find ourselves a nice cozy place between comfy cushions and ate the most delicious meal we had on our trip in Morrocco. Service, atmosphere and food are all fantastic. Just one advice: go there :-)!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank SilvyMunich
Caterham, United Kingdom
“Not worth the hassle”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Having read the reviews, I emailed Oliver and made a reservation for Monday 4th March at 8.30 for 6 adults and requested a taxi to take us to the restaurant from our Riad. Oliver confirmed by email, that this would be possible and said the taxi would collect us from our Riad Amssafah at 8.15
The taxi did not arrive. We waited for 15 mins then we asked our hotel to telephone the restaurant, when connected I asked about our booking and was told ‘it was not possible; (twice) there was no booking’. This was despite the fact that I had several confirmation emails in my hands. I put the phone down and we went elsewhere and had a fantastic meal in the Souk within the Medina.
My opinion – don’t bother trying to book this restaurant by email or any other form; it is a total waste of time. They are not bothered about your custom.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lin M
RiadDarNajat, Owner at Dar Najat's Kitchen, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are totally guilty on this booking as i did mixed 14..and 4th!
i did email the guest to appologize but was apparently not enough as it is the second time that he posted a very bad review with the lowest rating possible even if for sure the customer didn't eat in Dar Najat's kitchen.
Again sorry for the the wrong date,cheers! Oliver.