“Fun and Exciting Experience ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Amlal

You added Riad Amlal to your Saves list
Riad Amlal
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Rue El Gza, Derb Ezzamuri Sidi Bouaamar No 128, Medina,, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #613 of 1,115 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Fun and Exciting Experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very affordable place!! Will stay here again! Breakfast was included and great atmosphere to lounge around. Mustapha was a amazing tour guide and took us to the desert ! I had a large group of 9 and all of us were very happy with our experience! They even picked us up in Casa Blanca at the airport!!! Wonderful Time!!!!

Stayed April 2015

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Riad Amlal! I made a TripAdvisor account just to write this review, so that is saying something! My wife and I stayed 5 nights in January, after we were recommended the Riad by another friend, and loved every minute of our stay.

The Riad itself is in a beautiful building with detail in everything, has an excellent atmosphere that we felt very comfortable hanging out in the common area, free wifi, and the location is great, a short walk outside the Souks. We stayed in the private room and I'd like to point out that we had no problems whatsoever (very clean, peaceful, and hot water in the shower).

All of the staff is awesome! Very friendly, helpful, fun to chat with, and speak English fluently (and at least 2 other languages). We booked everything with ease, from an airport pickup to a 2 day desert trip (a service they also provide through their website moroccantrail.com)

We made some great friends and memories during our stay at Riad Amlal. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

We payed 400 MAD (37 €) for a room, but we were given a dark and dirty room. When I was taking a shower, the water became cold and I had to continue my shower with it, even though the weather was cold, because I had shampoo on my hair. We didn't find a place where to put our luggage, we put them on the ground. When I walked out of the shower, I had dust stuck under my feet (horrible). I think a room in a two stars hotel is better than this one. The staff was smoking in the hall and we found the room full of smoke and shisha's smell. While preparing to leave, the staff asked us indirectly to hurry up (even though it wasn't 1 pm yet).
I think I will never stay in a riad.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Farid A, Owner at Riad Amlal, responded to this review, January 25, 2015
Accually the room we gave you costs 480 DH without breakfast,you can check its price online. we made a discount for you as a friend of us sent you to us. we are not stars hotels we are hostel we offer basic conforts and nice atmosphere for reasonable prices to people want to experience life in old city of Marrakech. check in is 12:00 and check out is:11:00 Am
The room is not dirty or dark at all, also it got its own private hot shower. it is probaly some wrong thing happened or you dont know how to use it, the hall is the sharing area in the Riad where people meet and talk and smoke but there is certain time gets quite for the guests.
the reviewer is to exagirating and the fact he says lot about stars hotel it is better to go there and save his words.
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

My husband and I enjoyed every second of our stay, a fabulous experience.
The space is beautiful, comfortable and clean. We felt at home, free to use the kitchen, explore, drink tea and smoke shisha in the living area. Any questions we had were immediately answered and all bookings were conveniently through the Riad such as, an airport pick-up and drop-off and a great mountain/desert trip.

The location is awesome, in a non-touristy area on the edge of the Medina. There are stores with everything you might need and delicious vender food one street down.

The walk from the Riad to the square through the souks is great, a feast for the eyes, and a great chance to observe authentic life within the city.

I can't say enough good things about our stay, after a long, busy day adventuring we always looked forward to returing to the Riad to relax.

Mustapha went above and beyond, he was always communicative, kind, generous and humorous, a true friend.

We felt so fortunate to have booked our first trip to Marrakech with him at Amlal Riad and look forward to returning.
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

I had an absolutely amazing time staying at Riad Amlal. We were originally only supposed to stay there 2 nights, but had such a great time that we stayed an extra night. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. They were more than eager to get anything we needed for us, as well as show us around town and recommend places to go/see. The group I was with also did the 3 day, 2 night desert tour. The tour was extremely fun, and quite an experience. I have never had more fun on a trip in my life, and it was mostly because of the staff at Riad Amlal, and the places they took us. I would absolutely go back, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in going to Morocco.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Wonderful and affordable riad! Mustapha and Farid were so friendly and welcoming and treated us and our children like family. We were picked up from the airport, they went out of their way to even order us dinner the first night as customs took forever and our children were very hungry! The rooms and the interior courtyard are nicely decorated and comfortable and the atmosphere cannot be beat. We easily walked to the local attractions and had no trouble finding great food all around. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this nice riad for 3 nights we appreciate the good hospality of mostapha and all stuff for making good food and clean rooms i recommand.
i will comeback one day for sure to enjoy some days in this wonderfull riad also to know more about the mistry of the red city marrakech.thanx all

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Riad Amlal? Share your experiences!