“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Riad Amlal to your Saves list
Riad Amlal
Riad Amlal
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Rue El Gza, Derb Ezzamuri Sidi Bouaamar No 128, Medina,, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #735 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staff are brilliant no other word for it. Stayed out of season in high summer and the air conditioning worked which was a godsend in 50 degree heat. Riad was kept exceptionally clean (cleaner was in every morning). Located a short walk from the Place el-Fna it is ideal for anybody. The directions to the Riad can be a little confusing and its easy to get lost, but its easy to get lost anywhere in Marrakesh. Cannot recommend this riad high enough. Thank You for a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was greeted and made to feel extremely welcome when I first arrived. Mustapha and his staff really do go the extra mile to make sure that you feel at home. I was personally shown around and given plenty of mint tea! It was great peace of mind that they sorted out my transfers to and from the airport. All the staff were friendly and happily answered any questions I had. I felt very looked after and really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This Riad is in a great location. It's in the middle of the medina in a quiet alley only about a 15 minute walk from Place el-Fna. It's very close to other interesting places to visit. Mustpha, the owner, is great! He gave us a bunch of helpful tips for getting through Marrakech unscathed. The rooms are big but they face the main living area and have no glass windows, just shades. This meant that there wasn't much of a sound barrier between the bedrooms and the rest of the house. Since the only way we could get privacy was by closing the shades, it was sometimes hard to tell what time it was since we couldn't ever see sunlight. The air conditioning was a great feature of this place. The directions to the Riad were a little confusing so if you're not good with a map you might have a little bit of trouble finding it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I cannot rate this hostel and the guys who run it, highly enough. I was picked up from the airport which I had thankfully asked them to do as customs took forever. I actually thought no one would be waiting, but sure enough they were still there.
I loved the hostel, especially the ac. All the boys there were so friendly and helpfull and full on knowledge.
I was there during Ramadan, which is a bit hard for the guys, but they always offered us drinks and the meal they made after the final prayer.
I have kept this short, but I could write so much about my experience there.
I loved it, and I would go back for sure.

Thanks guys

Stayed August 2012
Oosteind, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The staff was really wonderful and accommodating. I was picked up from the airport by the hostel's shuttle and I definitely recommend that because it is a bit hard to find, especially if it is your first time in Marrakech. Mustafa was a wonderful host and I especially enjoyed nice evenings on the rooftop terrace drinking wine that he helped us track down. The rooms were pretty standard and it was nice that the bathroom was ensuite (even if it was shared with several people). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Sopot, Polska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nice hostel with funny and attentive staff. We spent there 5 amazing nights, almost each night Hicham and Amar were playing on guitar and entertaining everyone. Hostel is located in quite remote area (15 minutes from main square) which both good and bad thing. We heard that in Morocco it's hard to find cheap hostel without fleas. Luckily we found one that was clean and comfy! bathrooms were cleaned every day and there was no sign of any fleas .The only thing we didn't like was the fact that we had to change rooms as the ones we've booked were occupied. All in all I can certainly recommend this place for people without kids.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. We came here after taking a desert tour with Mustapha, the owner of the riad. All of the staff are so welcoming and accommodating, anything you need they will happily help you! When we arrived on the first night, Alle took us to find some cheap street food, as we were too tired to head to Djemaa el Fna and made sure the cook didn't overcharge us! The riad is about 15min walk from Djemaa el Fna and is nice and quiet - a nice break after the craziness of the square! We would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Riad Amlal? Share your experiences!