“Wonderful, welcoming hostel!!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Riad Amlal to your Saves list
Riad Amlal
Riad Amlal
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Rue El Gza, Derb Ezzamuri Sidi Bouaamar No 128, Medina,, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #734 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Oosteind, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Wonderful, welcoming hostel!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The staff was really wonderful and accommodating. I was picked up from the airport by the hostel's shuttle and I definitely recommend that because it is a bit hard to find, especially if it is your first time in Marrakech. Mustafa was a wonderful host and I especially enjoyed nice evenings on the rooftop terrace drinking wine that he helped us track down. The rooms were pretty standard and it was nice that the bathroom was ensuite (even if it was shared with several people). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sopot, Polska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nice hostel with funny and attentive staff. We spent there 5 amazing nights, almost each night Hicham and Amar were playing on guitar and entertaining everyone. Hostel is located in quite remote area (15 minutes from main square) which both good and bad thing. We heard that in Morocco it's hard to find cheap hostel without fleas. Luckily we found one that was clean and comfy! bathrooms were cleaned every day and there was no sign of any fleas .The only thing we didn't like was the fact that we had to change rooms as the ones we've booked were occupied. All in all I can certainly recommend this place for people without kids.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. We came here after taking a desert tour with Mustapha, the owner of the riad. All of the staff are so welcoming and accommodating, anything you need they will happily help you! When we arrived on the first night, Alle took us to find some cheap street food, as we were too tired to head to Djemaa el Fna and made sure the cook didn't overcharge us! The riad is about 15min walk from Djemaa el Fna and is nice and quiet - a nice break after the craziness of the square! We would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed May 2012
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My room was located on the terrace and was bright, quiet and private. It was a comfortable room. The shower was good with warm water and lots of pressure. The towels were good quality.
This is a smaller riad and because of this, it had a more homey feel. The other guests staying there were friendly and it was nice to share our experiences at the end of the day. There was always mint tea offered and the hosts were very friendly. One even played the guitar as we sat in the common area in the evening.

There were a couple of downfalls that I experienced: The room and shower did not feel the cleanest but it could have been due to the finishing: cement floor and slate bathroom.
It was far from the square and the souks and it was difficult to find. It took me a few tries before I could find my way back without getting lost but I am not sure that any other riad would be easier to find in the maze of streets in the medina. It was helpful to take photos of the route so that I could find my way back. Due to its location off of the beaten path, the small streets were deserted past a certain hour, making the walk back to the riad a bit unnerving.

For the price of my stay, it was excellent value for my money but it depends on what you are looking for in an accomodation. It was not luxury, but it was a comfortable place to rest your head. For me, I enjoyed the atmosphere and I would return there again.

And the staff were very friendly.. Thank you Farid for your kindness. You went out of your way to help me and I appreciate it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Riad Amlal is like coming home. The owners and staff are very friendly and customer service is their top priority. The other travelers were consistently interesting and fun. Like everyplace in Marrakech's Medina, it's a little tricky to find. The location is great for people who want to get away from the center tourist crush, but stay within easy walking distance of the heart of things.

Room Tip: The upstairs terrace room has the best light, but you'll have to come downstairs for WiFi.